The Battlezone Nintendo Switch edition release date has been revealed. The 1980 title, which has been remade by TickTock Games and will be published by British developer Rebellion, launches on the hybrid console on November 8. Titled Battlezone: Gold Edition, the game is available to pre-order on the Nintendo eShop now and those who pre-purchase the title will have 15 percent knocked off the retail price.
The announcement was made on the official Battlezone website. Battlezone: Gold Edition allows users to enter combat with motion controls—made possible by the Switch’s Joy-Con controllers—and supports local and online co-op. Every piece of content released for the game is present in this version too, including bobbleheads, tank skins, and the game’s Classic Mode. Classic mode lets players experience Battlezone in arcade machine fashion, with original two-track controls and worldwide leaderboards.
Billed as a shooter tank combat game, Battlezone pits players against an array of enemies, from the totalitarian Corporation, across a variety of procedurally generated levels. Taking control of the most advanced tank in the world—the Cobra tank—players can experience combat in neon-lit missions all in first person. Foes can approach from all angles, as well as from the sky, so players have to remain vigilant if they are to progress through the levels to reach the game’s end.
Users have a myriad of weapons to take out their enemies with, and the tank is fully customizable to let you play how you want to. If playing solo isn’t your idea of fun, up to four others can play alongside each other in a drop-in, drop-out co-op mode. Battlezone: Gold Edition is already available to play on Xbox One, PS4, and PC. It supports VR headsets such as the Oculus Rift and PSVR, and won the Best VR award at E3 2016.
- Learning to game again with the Nintendo Switch
- You'll have to pay to play Nintendo Switch games online — except for 'Fortnite' (NTDOY)
- Iddari Lokam Okate release date locked; Raj Tarun and Shalini Pandey are arriving on Christmas
- 'Red Dead Redemption 2' Online Release Date: Multiplayer Mode Launching This Week?
- 2017 was an incredible year for the Nintendo Switch — and the future looks even brighter
- A major new 'core' Pokemon game is being made for Nintendo Switch — here's everything we know so far
- Nintendo Switch Review: Past And Future In Equal Measure
- Arguably the best 'Legend of Zelda' game is getting remastered for the Nintendo Switch, and it looks amazing
- 'Sega Genesis Classics' will bring more than 50 retro games to the Nintendo Switch
- Nintendo quietly deleted a secret tribute to its former CEO from the Nintendo Switch