The University of Utah health care system is always looking for new ways to make patient care simpler and more effective for their patients. This year, U health is teaming up with Apple and Zimmer Biomet (a medical device company) to create an app called “MyMobility.” The app will allow knee and hip replacement patients to track their recovery using their smartphone. More than one million people get knee and hip replacements each year in the United States, and the surgery isn’t always successful. MyMobility will assist patients both before and after the surgery in helping them to prepare for the operation itself, recover from the surgery and go through rehab. “The study begins 30 days prior surgery,” Dr. Christopher Pelt, a lead researcher on the project, told The Chronicle. “The patient will be given an Apple watch to participate in the study if they don’t already have one, which they can keep and use to participate in the study for the entire year of participation. The pairing of their phone, app and watch together will allow for the comprehensive pre-operation education and preparation program to begin to help get the patient ready prior to surgery.” The Apple watch will provide… Read full this story
- Apple partners with Leonardo DiCaprio, Laurene Powell Jobs to raise money to feed America
- Apple iPad Pro (2020) review: The definitive tablet
- How Apple is helping its 500 exclusive stores in India to deal with 'business disruption'
- Apple clears bills of partners for 2 months
- Apple offers exclusive brand stores financial support; cos like HUL and ITC extend payment term
- Apple has a $399 iPhone SE for the budget-conscious as coronavirus stalls economy
- Apple releases budget iPhone SE priced at $399 as Covid-19 stalls economy
- Today’s cache | Apple’s new magic keyboard, Microsoft’s Plasma Bot, and more
- Apple releases budget iPhone SE as coronavirus stalls economy
- Apple may sell Mac computers with its own processors in 2021
Apple Partners with UHealth have 310 words, post on dailyutahchronicle.com at October 25, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.