Rockstar Games‘ open-world epic Red Dead Redemption 2 will have a massive install size on the PS4. Fine print on the back of the game’s PS4 Pro bundle reveals a minimum 105GB Red Dead Redemption 2 file size. Keep in mind that the game may not end up being 105GB even though it demands that much space. Other information revealed by the back of the box include the game’s online player count.
That file size—whatever that may be—is likely to account for the game’s beautiful artwork, over 200 fauna, and thousands of lines of dialogue. Red Dead Redemption 2 may have a smaller footprint on standard PS4 consoles, as other games have specific patches for the Pro that add higher fidelity textures. Titles such as Bethesda’s Fallout 4 is one such game, with different textures and patches available for each tier of console. Red Dead Redemption 2 is also significantly larger than GTA 5 from Rockstar—that game clocks in around 65GB.
The PS4 Pro Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle also reveals that Red Dead Online will support up to 32 players online. This is on par with GTA Online which supports 30 players and 2 spectators on PC, PS4, and Xbox One. A significant amount of the Red Dead Redemption 2 file size may also be caused by the game’s online component. The roughly 100GB install will only increase in size as new content is added to Red Dead Online and, maybe, the single-player side of things.
Red Dead Redemption 2 has been going full-steam ahead on the hype train since many outlets began posting previews last week. Those previews revealed the game will be fully playable in first-person, and some absurdly detailed horses. At least one more gameplay trailer is expected from the game before it’s October 26 release date. The still shrouded Red Dead Online will be getting a beta before its full launch in November of this year, so a trailer for that should be expected before Red Dead Redemption 2 launches on PS4 and Xbox One.
- Blockchain development requires expertise to mitigate risks
- Vietnam Red Cross grants aid to flood victims
- Driver in deadly Vietnam crash high on liquor, heroin
- Red Cross Society calls for organ donation registration
- Endangered turtle washes ashore dead with missing limbs
- 15 civilians dead in strikes on minibuses in Yemen's Hodeida: UN
- Reckless bus driver nearly causes deadly accident
- Illegal transportation of dead pangolins stopped in Vinh
- In rush to electrify, Cambodia stirs the living and dead
- Red-claw crayfish still sold in HCM City despite ban