Sony’s reveal of the PlayStation 4 bundle has given us some more information about Rockstar’s upcoming Red Dead Redemption 2. The box tells us that the game’s install will require a minimum storage of 105 GB.
The console bundled shown in the image below is the PlayStation 4 Pro bundle that comes with the game, a 1 TB Pro, and a DualShock 4 controller. This was announced earlier this month.
It also tells us that the online supports 2-32 players and that PlayStation 4 users will get access to some online content 30 days earlier than Xbox One players. We already knew that PlayStation was getting exclusive content, but this confirms that its exclusivity will be timed.
Red Dead Redemption 2’s online portion, titled Red Dead Online, was revealed earlier this month. Rockstar said that they learned a lot from GTA Online and it’s many issues. They hope to improve upon the formula they established with GTA V.
Red Dead Redemption 2 launches October 26 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
105 GB sure sounds big, but it’s probably justified. Red Dead Redemption 2 is set to be Rockstar’s biggest and most ambitious game to date. I mean, it even has realistic horse testicle physics so I’m not surprised it’s going to take up that much hard drive space. As for the online stuff, 32 players doesn’t sound especially high for how huge the world will be. I wonder if Rockstar is planning to section off the world in some way to accommodate for such a small amount of players.
What do you think? Does the install size seem justified? Will 32 players be enough? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Have a tip for us? Awesome! Shoot us an email at [email protected] and we’ll take a look!
Dan HodgesStaff Writer
Dan is a lover of games and music from the UK. He loves RPGs, shooters, roguelikes, and World of Warcraft, but he’ll play anything he can get his hands on really.
- NFL owners speak out in support of players, against Donald Trump
- Rays extend $17.4 million qualifying offer to RHP Alex Cobb, trim 40-man roster to 32 players
- Blues waive Butler, Lindbohm, Bennett while cutting roster to 32 players
- Notable Numbers from Sooner Football’s Red River Redemption
- Red Sox look to give Sale run support vs. Orioles (May 02, 2017)
- Boston Sports Daily: Red Sox Fans Divided On Who To Support In World Series
- Toronto FC beats Red Bulls 4-2 to win MLS Supporters’ Shield (Sep 30, 2017)
- Mike Budenholzer: Hawks will be ‘incredibly supportive’ of players’ activism
- Pawtucket Red Sox announce ‘Free Brady’ night to support Patriots QB
- Red Bulls trade Kljestan to Orlando City for 2 players