Luigi’s Mansion 3 is a new series in Luigi’s flagship franchise, and it’s coming to Nintendo Switch. A very short teaser opened up today’s Nintendo Direct presentation, showing Luigi stalking through yet another creepy, probably haunted house against his best judgment.
You may have thought, “Whatever, this is probably that Luigi’s Mansion port for Nintendo 3DS, out Oct. 12.” If you did — and admittedly, that includes us! — then nope, you were wrong. This is a new game, and it’s coming back to consoles for the first time since the original Nintendo GameCube title.
Nintendo also announced a new feature for that Nintendo 3DS title, however. There’s now a multiplayer feature much like Luigi’s previous 3DS game, Luigi’s Mansion 2: Dark Moon. There’s also amiibo compatibility, including with the Toad figure, which is pretty dang neat. (It’s also a reminder that Toad could use another starring role in a game, Nintendo.)
Anyway, back to Luigi’s Mansion 3 … not much is known about the game beyond that working title and just a tiny little scene. We’ll surely hear more sometime next year.
- Kingdom Hearts 3 on Nintendo Switch reportedly never going to happen
- Nintendo Switch's New Pokemon Games, Sword And Shield, Revealed
- Pokemon Nintendo Direct Reveals Switch's Sword And Shield, Gen 8 Starters
- Best Nintendo Switch games from E3 2019
- Nintendo’s E3 2012 Keynote Brings Pikmin 3, Some Marios
- How to watch the Nintendo Direct at E3, and what to expect
- Everything we know about The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening
- E3 2019: Everything we expect to see at the Electronic Entertainment Expo this year
- E3 2019: schedule, press conferences, games list, and leaks
- E3 2019: full games list, schedule and press conference recap