But that picture is not exactly… wild.
On Sunday, Todd Phillips, director of the yet-to-be-titled Joker movie, posted a picture of Phoenix on Instagram, with the caption “Arthur”. Arthur is presumably the name of the Joker before he got that twisted crown.
In the comics, there’s no definitive backstory for Batman’s greatest villain. This origin story is written by Phillips (who directed the Hangover trilogy) with Scott Silver, a co-writer on 2010’s The Fighter.
The story will be a character study as well as a cautionary tale of “a man disregarded by society who becomes the ultimate supervillain,” according to Deadline.
Funnily enough, or so the Joker might think, Warner Bros. is working on another Joker movie starring Jared Leto, who took on the role for 2016’s Suicide Squad. That film doesn’t have a release date yet.
The yet-to-be-titled Joker movie starring Joaquin Phoenix is set to crash into theatres Oct. 4, 2019.
- Heath Ledger would have been proud of Joaquin Phoenix’s Joker: DC fans react to trailer
- Joaquin Phoenix and Robert De Niro Had Major Disagreement Ahead of Filming 'Joker'
- Joaquin Phoenix on checking into rehab after road accident: ‘I was being an idiot, drinking, trying to screw people’
- Joaquin Phoenix and Robert De Niro butted heads while shooting Joker
- Joaquin Phoenix reveals terrifying car crash that forced him to go to rehab
- Joaquin Phoenix admits he gets a 'crippling anxiety' and feels 'physically sick' whenever he starts a new film role and says people 'think it's an act'
- Joaquin Phoenix and Martin Sheen Arrested at Jane Fonda's Climate Change Protest in D.C.
- Joaquin Phoenix reveals a horrific car crash changed his life forever
- Joaquin Phoenix and a Hammer: The Story Behind the Year’s Most Unforgettable Action Sequence
- Watch Joaquin Phoenix Cuss Out Joker Cinematographer in Set Outtake
- One Major Joker Detail Had Joaquin Phoenix and Robert De Niro in a Clash
- Joker Set Had One Important Rule for All Involved Ordered by Joaquin Phoenix
- Walking Dead Virus: Series Creator Reveals Zombie Original Cause
- Walking Dead Virus: Creator Robert Kirkman Reveals Zombie Original Cause
- Lily-Rose Depp looks effortlessly chic as she dazzles in a sheer gold sequinned dress at Chanel's pre-BAFTAs 2020 party
- The Batman Director Explains Why He Loves The Dark Knight's Concept of Joker
- The real story of Heath Ledger’s ‘physically and mentally draining’ descent into the mind of the Joker
- AMC Says Fake Joker Movie "No Singles" Policy Sign Was Posted in Their Theater
- Star Wars actor Diego Luna reveals son Jerónimo, eleven, and daughter Fiona, nine, have recovered from coronavirus and are now back home after three weeks in quarantine
- Steven Moffat reveals he WON'T return to Doctor Who to write story for Jodie Whittaker's Time Lord because he's 'run out of ideas'
Joaquin Phoenix first look as the Joker reveals character origin name have 488 words, post on www.cnet.com at September 15, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.