Smash Bros Nintendo Direct: Ultimate Livestream, NEW Character leaks for Nintendo Switch
Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch – Amiibo Compatibility
Best Buy Canada has listed item descriptions for Wolf, Inkling, and Ridley amiibos – and some of the text suggests they could unlock fighters for Super Smash Bros Ultimate early.
Apparently, characters will be easier to unlock in this game (the process to add characters to the roster has been ‘streamlined’), but amiibo functionality may let players simply bypass in-game conditions and straight-up add new characters to your roster by using the figure’s NFC chip.
A description for Wolf’s amiibo reads:
Access a whole new level of fun and smash the competition with this Super Smash Bros amiibo. A former fighter in Andross’ army, the Wolf now leads his own mercenary team, and he’s not one you want to cross. Simply tap the amiibo accessory to the NFC touchpoint on your game system to unlock this Space Pirate.
Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch – Overview
Release date: 2018Format: Nintendo SwitchGenre: BrawlerDeveloper: NintendoPublisher: Nintendo
Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch – What is it?
Super Smash Bros is Nintendo’s flagship series. It combines characters from all of the publisher’s biggest games and throws them into one world, pitted against each other in order to reign supreme.
You have the likes of Mario and Luigi battling it out with Link from The Legend of Zelda series, you have Pokemon defending themselves from Kirby, Donkey Kong trying desperately to blow Animal Crossing’s villagers off the edge of the world.
Even the Wii Fit instructor turns up to school Nintendo’s most famous mascots. It’s bizarre.
Gameplay involves up to four characters using special moves to get one over on their opponents, making the most of dynamic 2.5D levels to get the upper hand on their enemies.
This game will be the first Smash Bros. title on the Nintendo Switch.
Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch – Wii U comparison
YouTube channel GameXplain has posted an insightful new video that shows off some of the most notable changes between Super Smash Bros Ultimate and the version that was released on the Nintendo Wii U.
The differences range from assets that get slightly sharpened to almost complete overhauls of entire stages.
The video goes into a lot of depth and is perfect for anyone looking to get a bit of a Smash fix ahead of us hearing more about the game – possibly at Gamescom.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate – Release Date
Super Smash Bros Ultimate was just revealed during the Nintendo Switch Direct conference for E3 2018.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate will release December 7 later this year, exclusively on Nintendo Switch.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate – What we know so far
Series creator of Super Smash Bros, Masahiro Sakurai, has said in a tweet (translated by Siliconera) that he’s been “quietly working on it day after day”, whilst asking for fans to “please wait until we can reveal its content, or until the time of its release!!”
The game will have the biggest roster of any Smash Bros. game to date – featuring every single character that’s ever been put in a Smash game to date.
The developers have called the mash-up ‘the biggest crossover in gaming history’.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Simon Belmont and Richter announcement
Nintendo has announced Simon Belmont and Richter from the Castlevania series for Super Smash Bros Ultimate.
Simon Belmont was debuted for the game, and we got a first look at his Final Smash – Grand Cross. He locks his opponent in a coffin then pretty much destroys them.
Simon’s stage is Dracula’s Castle – the darkest stage in the game. Bosses from across the Castlevania series will jump into the stage to make the whole place a lot more dangerous.
The stage will include 34 tracks from across the series (which is amazing!). ‘Once in a blue moon’, Dracula will appear in the stage, too – but Nintendo didn’t announce what the conditions will spawn him.
Alucard was also announced as an assist trophy – sporting a similar moveset to his series appearance.
Chrom was also announced as an Echo Fighter at the end of the stream, who will share a moveset with Lucina.
Dark Samus was then announced, who will mimic Samus’ as an Echo Fighter, too.
Finally, at the end of the stream, Sakurai announced King K.Rool and showed off a little of his moveset. You can see that in the video below.
Nintendo has announced it still has more characters to announce (so… Waluigi when?)
Super Smash Bros Ultimate – Roster
Super Smash Bros 4 Ultimate features every character from the series’ history. This is the biggest crossover in gaming history. Here’s the full list:
- Bowser Jr.
- Captain Falcon
- Dark Pit
- Diddy Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Dr. Mario
- Duck Hunt
- The Ice Climbers
- King Dedede
- King K. Rool
- Little Mac
- Mega Man
- Meta Knight
- Mii Brawler
- Mii Gunner
- Mii Fighter
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Captain Olimar
- Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle)
- R.O.B. the robot
- Simon Belmont
- Toon Link
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Young Link
- Zero Suit Samus
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Stages
There are 103 stages in the game, each of which can be played in 8-player and can be unlocked from the beginning. There are over 800 music tracks in the stage, too. If you played all the music in a row, it’d last over 25 hours.
You can also play music from the game even when your Switch’s screen is off – meaning you can use it like a music player (think of it as Nintendo Spotify).
You will also be able to select any two stages and fuse them together, too, thanks to a new feature called Stage Morph.
Nintendo has been pretty thorough in outlining what stages will be available for you to fight on in the game – you can find a comprehensive list below, thanks to the research team over at VG247.
Smash 64 Stages
- Dreamland (Kirby)
- Hyrule Castle (Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- Saffron City (Pokemon)
- Yoshi’s Island
Smash Bros. Melee Stages
- Big Blue (F-Zero)
- Brinstar (Super Metroid)
- Corneria (Star Fox)
- Final Destination
- Flat Zone (Game & Watch)
- Fourside (Earthbound)
- Great Bay (Zelda: Majora’s Mask)
- Green Greens (Kirby)
- Jungle Japes (Donkey Kong Country)
- Kongo Jungle (Donkey Kong Country)
- Mushroom Kingdom 2
- Pokemon Stadium
- Onett (Earthbound)
- Peach’s Castle (Mario 64)
- Temple (Zelda: Adventure of Link)
- Venom (Star Fox)
- Yoshi’s Story
Smash Bros. Brawl Stages
- 75M (Donkey Kong)
- Bridge of Eldin (Zelda Twilight Princess)
- Castle Siege (Fire Emblem)
- Distant Planet (Pikmin)
- Flat Zone 2 (Game & Watch)
- Frigate Orpheon (Metroid Prime
- Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Halberd (Kirby)
- Luigi’s Mansion
- Lylat Cruise (Star Fox)
- Mario Circuit (Mario Kart)
- Mushroomy Kingdom
- New Pork City (Earthbound/Mother)
- Norfair (Metroid)
- Pictochat (DS)
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- P.T. Aero Dive (F-Zero)
- Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid)
- Skyworld (Kid Icarus)
- Smashville (Animal Crossing)
- Spear Pillar (Pokemon)
- Summit (Ice Climbers)
- Wario Ware
- Yoshi’s Island
Smash Bros 3DS Stages
- 3D Land (Mario)
- Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem)
- Balloon Fight
- Find Mii (3DS)
- Gerudo Valley (Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- Living Room (Nintendogs)
- Magicant (Earthbound)
- Pictochat 2 (DS)
- Prism Tower (Pokemon)
- Reset Bomb Forest (Kid Icarus)
- Spirit Train (Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
- Tomodachi Life
- Tortimer Island (Animal Crossing)
- Unova League (Pokemon)
Smash Wii U Stages
- Big Battlefield
- Boxing Ring (Punch-Out!!!)
- Coliseum (Fire Emblem)
- Duck Hunt
- Flat Zone X
- Garden of Hope (Pikmin)
- Gaur Plain (Xenoblade)
- Great Cave Offensive (Kirby)
- Kalos League (Pokemon)
- Mario Circuit
- Mario Galaxy
- Mario Maker
- Midgar (Final Fantasy 7)
- Mushroom Kingdom U
- Pac-Land (Pac-Man)
- Paletuna’s Temple (Kid Icarus)
- Skyloft (Zelda: Skyward Sword)
- Suzaku Castle (Street Fighter)
- Town and City (Animal Crossing)
- Wily Castle (Mega Man)
- Wii Fit Studio
- Wrecking Crew
- Wuhu Island (Wii Sports)
- Umbra Clock Tower (Bayonetta)
New Stages for Smash Ultimate
- Great Plateau Tower (Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
- Moray Tower (Splatoon)
- New Donk City (Mario Odyssey)
Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch – FAKE Leaks
This is less so a news update and more a forewarning, especially with regard to being wary of any ‘leaked’ information you might see online.
We’re referring to stories circulating in the last few days which have gathered pace based on some tweets from industry insider Marcus Sellers.
In a new post on Twitter, the video games insider commented on some key features for the returning Smash game.
This included references to Smash on Switch being a whole new game and a return for the Ice Climbers.
“Super Smash Bros Switch will see the return of the Ice Climbers and will feature a story mode modelled around 2 player co-op,”Sellars tweeted.
“Third parties will be heavily represented in the newest in the game as well.”
However, over the weekend someone on Twitter (@ConnorEatsPants) came forward, claiming to have supplied the fake info to Sellers, writing:
No, the Smash “leaks” from Marcus Sellars aren’t real. How do I know? I’ve been his fake source this whole time rofl. Don’t keep falling for fake “leakers”.
You can see the tweets (and fallout) here. The bottom line, take ‘leaks’ with massive grains of salt, especially from ‘industry insiders’ with slightly unreliable track records.
- Smash Bros. Ultimate 9.0.2 Update Now Live, Here Are The Patch Notes
- Smash Bros. Ultimate's DLC Character Reveal: How To Watch And Start Time
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Freebie Available Now For Switch Online Members
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 9.0.1 Update Out Now, Here Are The Patch Notes
- Twitter Crashes And Reacts To Super Smash Bros. Ultimate's Minecraft Steve Reveal
- New Smash Bros. Ultimate Patch Coming Soon [Update]
- New Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Coming Soon
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 9.0.2 Update Coming Soon
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 9.0.2 Update Out Now, Here Are The Patch Notes
- Minecraft's Steve In Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Release Date, Attacks, And More
- Steve and Alex from Minecraft are coming to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate on October 13th, and here are their moves
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Makes A Very Important Change To Minecraft's Steve
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Ver. 9.0 Fighter Adjustments Gives Big Boosts To Some Fighters
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate--Steve And The Minecraft DLC Are Now Live
- Where to buy a Nintendo Switch today for delivery next week
- 3 accessories every Nintendo Switch owner needs today
- Fortnite Special edition Nintendo Switch console coming soon
- Best Black Friday Nintendo Switch Deals 2020: What to expect
- All the Nintendo Switch games under $50 you can buy today
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars review: The best 3D Mario games arrive on Nintendo Switch
Smash Bros Ultimate Nintendo Switch: Amiibo functionality revealed in new leak? have 1924 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at August 27, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.