Smash Bros Nintendo Direct: Ultimate Livestream, NEW Character leaks for Nintendo Switch
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Latest News
Today, we’ll see a new Nintendo Direct dedicated to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate.
The new stream is expected to reveal a new character and outline some more details about the game – including potential new stages and more information.
Thanks to a leak by Nintendo itself, though, we already know who the character is likely to be…
Fans on Reddit noticed that the video for Galaga’s music had its name changed to Bloody Tears/Monster Dance – of Castlevania fame – even though the title remained the same.
The two tracks are from a game called Castlevania II: Simon’s Quest on the NES – adding fuel to the fire that leakers had already outlined that Simon Belmont would be the next character added to the brawler.
We’ll find out for sure at 3pm BST today.
Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch – Overview
Release date: 2018Format: Nintendo SwitchGenre: BrawlerDeveloper: NintendoPublisher: Nintendo
Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch – What is it?
Super Smash Bros is Nintendo’s flagship series. It combines characters from all of the publisher’s biggest games and throws them into one world, pitted against each other in order to reign supreme.
You have the likes of Mario and Luigi battling it out with Link from The Legend of Zelda series, you have Pokemon defending themselves from Kirby, Donkey Kong trying desperately to blow Animal Crossing’s villagers off the edge of the world.
Even the Wii Fit instructor turns up to school Nintendo’s most famous mascots. It’s bizarre.
Gameplay involves up to four characters using special moves to get one over on their opponents, making the most of dynamic 2.5D levels to get the upper hand on their enemies.
This game will be the first Smash Bros. title on the Nintendo Switch.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate – Release Date
Super Smash Bros Ultimate was just revealed during the Nintendo Switch Direct conference for E3 2018.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate will release December 7 later this year, exclusively on Nintendo Switch.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate – What we know so far
Series creator of Super Smash Bros, Masahiro Sakurai, has said in a tweet (translated by Siliconera) that he’s been “quietly working on it day after day”, whilst asking for fans to “please wait until we can reveal its content, or until the time of its release!!”
The game will have the biggest roster of any Smash Bros. game to date – featuring every single character that’s ever been put in a Smash game to date.
The developers have called the mash-up ‘the biggest crossover in gaming history’.
Super Smash Bros Ultimate – Roster
Super Smash Bros 4 Ultimate features every character from the series’ history. This is the biggest crossover in gaming history. Here’s the full list:
- Bowser Jr.
- Captain Falcon
- Dark Pit
- Diddy Kong
- Donkey Kong
- Dr. Mario
- Duck Hunt
- The Ice Climbers
- King Dedede
- Little Mac
- Mega Man
- Meta Knight
- Mii Brawler
- Mii Gunner
- Mii Fighter
- Mr. Game & Watch
- Captain Olimar
- Pokemon Trainer (Charizard, Ivysaur and Squirtle)
- R.O.B. the robot
- Toon Link
- Wii Fit Trainer
- Young Link
- Zero Suit Samus
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – Stages
Nintendo has been pretty thorough in outlining what stages will be available for you to fight on in the game – you can find a comprehensive list below, thanks to the research team over at VG247.
Smash 64 Stages
- Dreamland (Kirby)
- Hyrule Castle (Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- Saffron City (Pokemon)
- Yoshi’s Island
Smash Bros. Melee Stages
- Big Blue (F-Zero)
- Brinstar (Super Metroid)
- Corneria (Star Fox)
- Final Destination
- Flat Zone (Game & Watch)
- Fourside (Earthbound)
- Great Bay (Zelda: Majora’s Mask)
- Green Greens (Kirby)
- Jungle Japes (Donkey Kong Country)
- Kongo Jungle (Donkey Kong Country)
- Mushroom Kingdom 2
- Pokemon Stadium
- Onett (Earthbound)
- Peach’s Castle (Mario 64)
- Temple (Zelda: Adventure of Link)
- Venom (Star Fox)
- Yoshi’s Story
Smash Bros. Brawl Stages
- 75M (Donkey Kong)
- Bridge of Eldin (Zelda Twilight Princess)
- Castle Siege (Fire Emblem)
- Distant Planet (Pikmin)
- Flat Zone 2 (Game & Watch)
- Frigate Orpheon (Metroid Prime
- Green Hill Zone (Sonic the Hedgehog)
- Halberd (Kirby)
- Luigi’s Mansion
- Lylat Cruise (Star Fox)
- Mario Circuit (Mario Kart)
- Mushroomy Kingdom
- New Pork City (Earthbound/Mother)
- Norfair (Metroid)
- Pictochat (DS)
- Pokemon Stadium 2
- P.T. Aero Dive (F-Zero)
- Shadow Moses Island (Metal Gear Solid)
- Skyworld (Kid Icarus)
- Smashville (Animal Crossing)
- Spear Pillar (Pokemon)
- Summit (Ice Climbers)
- Wario Ware
- Yoshi’s Island
Smash Bros 3DS Stages
- 3D Land (Mario)
- Arena Ferox (Fire Emblem)
- Balloon Fight
- Find Mii (3DS)
- Gerudo Valley (Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
- Living Room (Nintendogs)
- Magicant (Earthbound)
- Pictochat 2 (DS)
- Prism Tower (Pokemon)
- Reset Bomb Forest (Kid Icarus)
- Spirit Train (Zelda: Spirit Tracks)
- Tomodachi Life
- Tortimer Island (Animal Crossing)
- Unova League (Pokemon)
Smash Wii U Stages
- Big Battlefield
- Boxing Ring (Punch-Out!!!)
- Coliseum (Fire Emblem)
- Duck Hunt
- Flat Zone X
- Garden of Hope (Pikmin)
- Gaur Plain (Xenoblade)
- Great Cave Offensive (Kirby)
- Kalos League (Pokemon)
- Mario Circuit
- Mario Galaxy
- Mario Maker
- Midgar (Final Fantasy 7)
- Mushroom Kingdom U
- Pac-Land (Pac-Man)
- Paletuna’s Temple (Kid Icarus)
- Skyloft (Zelda: Skyward Sword)
- Suzaku Castle (Street Fighter)
- Town and City (Animal Crossing)
- Wily Castle (Mega Man)
- Wii Fit Studio
- Wrecking Crew
- Wuhu Island (Wii Sports)
- Umbra Clock Tower (Bayonetta)
New Stages for Smash Ultimate
- Great Plateau Tower (Zelda: Breath of the Wild)
- Moray Tower (Splatoon)
- New Donk City (Mario Odyssey)
Super Smash Bros Nintendo Switch – FAKE Leaks
This is less so a news update and more a forewarning, especially with regard to being wary of any ‘leaked’ information you might see online.
We’re referring to stories circulating in the last few days which have gathered pace based on some tweets from industry insider Marcus Sellers.
In a new post on Twitter, the video games insider commented on some key features for the returning Smash game.
This included references to Smash on Switch being a whole new game and a return for the Ice Climbers.
“Super Smash Bros Switch will see the return of the Ice Climbers and will feature a story mode modelled around 2 player co-op,”Sellars tweeted.
“Third parties will be heavily represented in the newest in the game as well.”
However, over the weekend someone on Twitter (@ConnorEatsPants) came forward, claiming to have supplied the fake info to Sellers, writing:
No, the Smash “leaks” from Marcus Sellars aren’t real. How do I know? I’ve been his fake source this whole time rofl. Don’t keep falling for fake “leakers”.
You can see the tweets (and fallout) here. The bottom line, take ‘leaks’ with massive grains of salt, especially from ‘industry insiders’ with slightly unreliable track records.
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, One Month Later
- Smash Bros. Ultimate Update Features Enormous List Of Actual Patch Notes
- Smash Bros Fans Have Spent A Decade Begging For Ridley, And Now It's Actually Happening
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Doesn't Ship With A Manual, So A Fan Made One For Everyone To Print
- Starlink: Battle for Atlas hands-on — Going in hot with Nintendo’s Starfox character on the Switch
- A new Fortnite leak shows a Batman-themed event is coming.
- Nintendo is adding five new characters to Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate: Everything you need to know!
- Watch the final pre-launch ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ Nintendo Direct right here
- Watch Nintendo’s ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ Direct live stream right here
- ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’ DLC fighters have already been decided
- Nintendo shows off Super Mario Party, Super Smash Bros. and Fortnite during E3 2018 livestream
- Nintendo discusses the possibility of a demo for ‘Super Smash Bros. Ultimate’
- Nintendo announces new Animal Crossing, Final Fantasy ports, and more
- How to get Piranha Plant in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
- 9 of the biggest announcements from last night’s massive Nintendo Direct
- Super Smash Bros. Finally Adds Castlevania to its Roster with Two Belmonts
- Smash Ultimate's Big Boys Finally Kick Butt
- Nintendo launches Switch game bundles that include a physical strategy guide
- Nintendo and Smash Bros. dominated Twitter at E3 2018, Microsoft shows up big
Smash Bros Nintendo Direct: Ultimate Livestream, NEW Character leaks for Nintendo Switch have 1520 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at August 8, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.