The new series will return on Tuesday, August 28 and will be the second on the network, following its lucrative move from BBC last year.
The date confirmation comes weeks after the trailer for the new series dropped – complete with singing cakes.
Channel 4 released the one minute clip on its official Twitter account, telling fans: “Let the baking season commence”.
The trailer features a bunny-shaped cupcake being squashed, an “insecure” chocolate cake hedgehog and an upset Yorkshire pudding as a host of sugary treats sing along to Christina Aguilera’s Beautiful.
A scone is silenced by a dollop of clotted cream, a misshapen bread swan declares its beauty and a burnt breakfast muffin is tossed into the dustbin.
The popular programme is expected to follow the same format as previous years but there have been rumours of the introduction of a new vegan week after being suggested by Fielding.
Reports in The Sun claim that the special week would see eggs and cream cheese shelved in favour of products such as kale, creating different sweets than what the show’s contestants traditionally produce.
The Great British Bake Off starts Tuesday, August 28 at 8pm on Channel 4.
- Why Americans love the Great British Bake Off
- Who Is Paul Hollywood? ‘Great American Baking Show: Holiday Edition’ Returns in 2018
- Who Will Win the ‘Great American Baking Show’? Andrea Maranville Becomes First Star Baker of Season 4
- Upstate NY woman competes on ABC's 'Great American Baking Show'
- Remember Emma Bunton? Spice Girls Singer to Host 2018’s ‘Great American Baking Show: Holiday Edition’
- When Does 'RuPaul's Drag Race' Return? 'All-Stars 4' Contestants, Premiere Date Revealed in First-look Video
- Paul Whelan is jailed with no return date; BorgWarner waits
- Covington's New Southern-Style Eatery Libby's Sets Opening Date, Reveals Menu
- Alexander the Great's cause of death revealed? Lecturer offers new theory on what killed the famed ruler
- Walker Art Center's annual award-winning TV ads lead a British pop culture invasion
- As American as apple pie? How about: As British as pork pie?
- Mainers take to ‘anxiety baking’ to cope in uncertain times
- Poignant, hilarious, thoughtful: British Arrows get to the point
- Recipe: How to make Buckeye Roadhouse’s Baked Lemon Pudding
- Kevin Owens Return Update: WWE Superstar Expected to Make a Comeback Soon
- Jonathan Hart, who said he killed his great-uncle because the relative molested him, sentenced to 25 years in prison
- Learn How to Bake Dessert from a British Royal Chef
- Leonardo da Vinci's thumbprint discovered: Drawing in Queen Elizabeth's collection reveals secrets
- Wreaths, blinking lights launch this season's spirit: Olmsted Dates and Data
- Baked Goods: Cry of the Goatsucker 2: Revenge of the Return
Great British Bake Off return date REVEALED have 467 words, post on www.standard.co.uk at August 15, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.