Hot on the heels of her celebrated performance in Foxtel’s mini-series Picnic At Hanging Rock, Australian actress Madeleine Madden has nabbed her first Hollywood role.
The 21-year-old granddaughter of indigenous activist Charles Perkins will star in the upcoming Dora The Explorer live action movie.
American actress Isabela Moner will star in the titular role of a teenage Dora, while Madeleine will take the role of Dora’s friend who she meets in high school.
Grab your backpacks! Hot on the heels of her celebrated performance in Foxtel’s mini-series Picnic At Hanging Rock, Australian actress Madeleine Madden, 21, (pictured) has nabbed a role in the upcoming Dora The Explorer live action film
The Angry Birds Movie 2’s Eugenio Derbez is also set to star in the film.
Filmed in Queensland, the big-budget flick will follow a teenage Dora as she navigates high school.
Dora is slated for release in August 2019 and will be directed by The Muppets director James Bobin.
Growing up: Filmed in Queensland, the big-budget flick will follow a teenage Dora as she navigates high school
Madeleine burst onto the scene at 13 as the face of Kevin Rudd’s Generation One campaign, promoting positive perceptions of indigenous Australians.
She has gone on to star in several dramas, and is set to hit the big time with period drama Picnic at Hanging Rock, which has been picked up by Amazon.
Speaking of her rising status to JONES magazine earlier this year, the brunette beauty revealed that her diverse background helped her to deal with setbacks in the acting industry.
Rise to fame: Madeleine burst onto the scene at 13 as the face of Kevin Rudd’s Generation One campaign, promoting positive perceptions of indigenous Australians
‘[The rejection] is something you learn along the way,’ she said.
‘But my family are all in the arts, so they understand the competitive nature of it, the big wins and big losses. But it is really important in this industry to have good people in your life.’
Madeleine is the daughter of art curator Hetti Perkins and niece of filmmaker Rachel Perkins.
Iconic: Foxtel’s Picnic At Hanging Rock received critical acclaim when it hit screens earlier this year
- Boba and movies are essential treats in Towson
- Movie previews for the week of Sept. 19
- Hollywood star's 'battle' to learn Wolverhampton accent
- Ben Affleck ‘sincerely apologises’ after TV star Hilarie Burton accuses him of groping her breast during appearance on 2003 show
- Stranger Things young stars Natalia Dyer & Charlie Heaton who are love interests in the show are dating in real life too
- Film casules: ‘Overcomer,’ ‘IT: Chapter 2’ and more
- Film capsules: ‘Overcomer,’ ‘IT: Chapter 2’ and more
- Redemption Song
- We reveal the secret plan to turn wild child Cara Delevingne from top model into the queen of Hollywood
- Screen legend Jack Nicholson to retire after 60 year career and twelve Oscar nominations
- Lynda Kay's Black & Gold Career Has Taken a Lynchian Turn
- Meet the 201 Magazine Bergen Beauty team
- Liam Payne reveals Cheryl picked unconventional baby son’s name as he prefers more ‘traditional names’
Grab your backpacks! Picnic At Hanging Rock actress Madeleine Madden to star in Dora The Explorer live action movie have 544 words, post on www.dailymail.co.uk at August 2, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.