Fortnite update 5.3 early patch notes, server downtime, LEAKED Skins, Rift-To-Go Update
We found out earlier this week that the new 5.3 Update would be arriving slightly later this week, but in the days leaving up to the release of the new Patch Notes coming Thursday, we might have an even better idea at some new content coming to the game.
For starters, a new in-game message following last nights Fortnite Shop Update has confirmed that there’s a brand new item coming to Battle Royale on Thursday; Rift-To-Go!
This new item ostensibly allows you to carry around your own portal rift to use as you please. Here’s what the in-game message reads:
“Are you a player on the go? Carry an escape plan in your back pocket with a new item making it’s way to Battle Royale!”
It’s possible that leading up to the release of the games new update that we get a few further pieces of info or teasers from the Fortnite Battle Royale team, so stay tuned for details over the course of the next 24 hours.
FORTNITE 5.3 UPDATE DELAY
It looks as though the latest Fortnite Battle Royale and Fortnite Save the World update is running a little later this week.
Epic Games last night confirmed that they were making changes to when the new update and week 7 challenges would launch for the week ahead, in a change to the normal schedule.
“Patch v5.30 is right around the corner! It will release later in the week on Thursday, August 23,” the Epic Games announcement explained.
“Week 7 Challenges will become available Friday, August 24.”
Normally updates would drop on Tuesday’s with the Challenges launching on Thursday.
Epic Games haven’t revealed why they’ve rescheduled these two important weekly updates, but it is worth remembering that towards the end of Season 4 the game also underwent a similar scheduling shuffle.
For the time being, you can read some of the change’s we’re anticipating – both officially flagged by Epic and those leaked by players datamining the files – just below…
Original Story – Fortnite fans are gearing up for the games next major update which is likely dropping tomorrow morning ahead of another busy week for both Battle Royale and Save the World players.
It’s been two weeks since the games last significant Season 5 update, so it stands to reason that on Tuesday Epic Games will once again release their latest sizeable update to the game.
Epic is yet to officially announce this latest update, but we suspect they’ll reveal something later this evening as they usually do.
And assuming it follows the usual pattern we believe this update will likely require the game go offline for a small period of time, normally around 9am BST.
Unlike smaller content updates, such as last week, numbered updates typically result in downtime of at least two hours, with patch notes dropping as soon as the game goes offline.
For the time being, we do have a decent idea about some of the game’s potential patch notes contents, so read on if you want to know more about the forthcoming new features.
One of the most well known upcoming changes involves a tweak to pump shotguns, despite the Epic Games dev’s already spending an awful lot of time nerfing and buffing the weapon previously.
This change was hinted at by Design Lead Eric Williamson last week on Twitter, who wrote:
“Regarding shotgun equip times: current thinking is to reduce Pump Shotgun equip time slightly in update 5.30 next week. Other shotguns will remain unchanged for now”
This looks to be some sort of resolution to the whole “double pumping” exploit that was removed from the game and as Gamerant writes:
“It seems Epic’s goal is to try to mirror the sensation of “double pumping” without fully bringing the feature back”
Outside of this, it also looks like there are a new LTM and a few new consumables being worked on.
According to dataminers (viaFortnite Intel) players could soon be chomping down on a new “Chili Pepper” whilst playing the upcoming “Velocity” LTM, which is described in the files as:
“Velocity is a high-mobility limited time mode. Gliders can be re-deployed when falling from large heights. Extra Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads and ATKs will be spawned throughout the map. The storms move twice as fast. Get in and get moving!”
We’re also likely getting some new skins with tomorrow’s new update.
The last selection of ‘leaked’ Fortnite Season 5 skins were revealed two weeks ago in the last big update and with the majority of them now available it’s about time we got another bunch of skins, which will likely be released in the Item shop over the next two weeks.
In addition to everything mentioned above, there’s also going to be the usual array of bug fixes for the game and while we can’t say for certain which bugswill be fixed, we have a solid idea based on Epic’s Fortnite Trello board.
Keep reading to take a look at some of the main bugs which the Trello board has marked as ’fixed in the next release’ at the time of writing.
This isn’t to say they’ll definitely be included in the next patch. But there’s a pretty decent chance if Epic are looking to clear some of the most obvious bugs in the game.
Battle Royale ‘fixed’ Issues:
- The neck for the Whiteout Outfit is not appearing.
- Trap elimination Challenge is not granting credit when knocking out players
Save the World ‘fixed’ Issues:
- Placeholder boxes appear in quest reward locations
- AMD Card crash for drivers later than 18.3.3 but earlier than 18.7.1
- Seismic Impact’s tooltip shows “0” damage
- Rocket Launcher ADS covers majority of the player’s screen
Mobile ‘fixed’ Issues:
- iOS players are occasionally unable to build
Stay tuned for more details on the games next big update, presumably, later today…
- Fallout 76 update 22 patches notes
- 'PUBG' Update 1.54 Adds Paramo & Ranked Solos on PS4 & Xbox - Patch Notes
- 'Fortnite' Update 14.10 Adds Stark Industries, Drones & More - Patch Notes
- Fortnite Season 4 Start Date, Update Time, And What To Expect [Update]
- PUBG news: all the latest updates for PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds
- Where to drive a car through a rift portal for the Fortnite week 8 challenges
- Fortnite v14.30 update: combat shotgun buffed, Daredevil Cup offers up free Marvel skin
- Valorant Act 3 Live: Icebox Map And Competitive Details In Update 1.10 Patch Notes
- Animal Crossing patch notes: What's new in update 1.5.1 in New Horizons
- Rainbow Six Siege's Operation Shadow Legacy Update Is Live Now
- The Division 2 Update Ends The Last Resort Event: Full Patch Notes
- Fortnite: The Downfall secret challenge guide and trap locations
- How to complete the Fortnite week 8 secret challenge
- Fortnite Wolverine's Trophy Location Guide: Where To Search For A Sentinel Head (Week 3)
- Fortnite Wolverine's Trophy Location Guide: Search Dirty Docks For A Sentinel Head (Week 3)
- Baldur's Gate 3's first full patch is fixed and live
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare, Warzone Playlist Updates, New Operator, And More
- Almost HALF of British smartphone users have downloaded the NHS Covid-19 app as health officials roll out an update which will tell MORE people they need to self-isolate
- Are the Fall Guys servers down?
- Fortnite Sentinel Head Location Guide: Where To Search For Wolverine Challenge (Week 3)
Fortnite update 5.3 early patch notes, server downtime, LEAKED Skins, Rift-To-Go Update have 1425 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at August 22, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.