Fortnite update 5.3 early patch notes, server downtime, LEAKED Skins and Shotgun Update
Fortnite fans are gearing up for the games next major update which is likely dropping tomorrow morning ahead of another busy week for both Battle Royale and Save the World players.
It’s been two weeks since the games last significant Season 5 update, so it stands to reason that on Tuesday Epic Games will once again release their latest sizeable update to the game.
Epic is yet to officially announce this latest update, but we suspect they’ll reveal something later this evening as they usually do.
And assuming it follows the usual pattern we believe this update will likely require the game go offline for a small period of time, normally around 9am BST.
Unlike smaller content updates, such as last week, numbered updates typically result in downtime of at least two hours, with patch notes dropping as soon as the game goes offline.
For the time being, we do have a decent idea about some of the game’s potential patch notes contents, so read on if you want to know more about the forthcoming new features.
One of the most well known upcoming changes involves a tweak to pump shotguns, despite the Epic Games dev’s already spending an awful lot of time nerfing and buffing the weapon previously.
This change was hinted at by Design Lead Eric Williamson last week on Twitter, who wrote:
“Regarding shotgun equip times: current thinking is to reduce Pump Shotgun equip time slightly in update 5.30 next week. Other shotguns will remain unchanged for now”
This looks to be some sort of resolution to the whole “double pumping” exploit that was removed from the game and as Gamerant writes:
“It seems Epic’s goal is to try to mirror the sensation of “double pumping” without fully bringing the feature back”
Outside of this, it also looks like there are a new LTM and a few new consumables being worked on.
According to dataminers (viaFortnite Intel) players could soon be chomping down on a new “Chili Pepper” whilst playing the upcoming “Velocity” LTM, which is described in the files as:
“Velocity is a high-mobility limited time mode. Gliders can be re-deployed when falling from large heights. Extra Impulse Grenades, Bounce Pads and ATKs will be spawned throughout the map. The storms move twice as fast. Get in and get moving!”
We’re also likely getting some new skins with tomorrow’s new update.
The last selection of ‘leaked’ Fortnite Season 5 skins were revealed two weeks ago in the last big update and with the majority of them now available it’s about time we got another bunch of skins, which will likely be released in the Item shop over the next two weeks.
In addition to everything mentioned above, there’s also going to be the usual array of bug fixes for the game and while we can’t say for certain which bugswill be fixed, we have a solid idea based on Epic’s Fortnite Trello board.
Keep reading to take a look at some of the main bugs which the Trello board has marked as ’fixed in the next release’ at the time of writing.
This isn’t to say they’ll definitely be included in the next patch. But there’s a pretty decent chance if Epic are looking to clear some of the most obvious bugs in the game.
Battle Royale ‘fixed’ Issues:
- The neck for the Whiteout Outfit is not appearing.
- Trap elimination Challenge is not granting credit when knocking out players
Save the World ‘fixed’ Issues:
- Placeholder boxes appear in quest reward locations
- AMD Card crash for drivers later than 18.3.3 but earlier than 18.7.1
- Seismic Impact’s tooltip shows “0” damage
- Rocket Launcher ADS covers majority of the player’s screen
Mobile ‘fixed’ Issues:
- iOS players are occasionally unable to build
Stay tuned for more details on the games next big update, presumably, later today…
- Fortnite patch notes 3.1.0: new Lucky Landing location and Hunting Rifle added, 25 loot spawns and 11 chests removed
- Fortnite update – 6.31 patch notes reveal gifting, team deathmatch mode and pump shotgun
- Fortnite Halloween event – Fortnitemares starts tomorrow, but what leaked skins are there?
- Fortnite update goes Red Dead with HUGE changes to the game for Halloween as 6.20 Fortnitemares patch notes are revealed
- Fortnite DOWN – how long are Fortnite’s servers down for and what are the 6.01 patch notes?
- Fortnite Offering Compensation for Recent Server Downtime
- Fortnite Week 8 Season 5 Challenges have leaked – get an early look
- Fortnite v7.10 patch adds 14 Days of Fortnite event, Winter themed islands and Frostnite survival mode
- The 5GB+ Fortnite Season 7 patch is ready to download
- Overwatch patch notes, v1.23: Hanzo reworked, Tracer nerfed, Rialto ready
- Fortnite Season 6 patch v6.0 change list
- Fortnite Update to Make Building Much Better
- Fortnite Update Causing Issues with Rewards, XP, and More
- Overwatch patch notes, v1.25: Symmetra gets her rework and 'Damage' heroes are here
- Fortnite DOWN – how long are Fortnite’s servers down for and what are the 6.22 patch notes: Blitz mode, Heavy AR and NFL skins
- New Fortnite Update Detailed, Adds Crossbow Weapon And More
- New Fortnite Update Adds Crossbow And More This Week
- Rainbow Six Siege Update 2.2.2 Out Now; Check Out Its Patch Notes
- PUBG is 'considering' region-locked servers, adds new skin system and crates
- Fortnite's Battle Royale releases today; Update 1.6.3 Patch Notes
Fortnite update 5.3 early patch notes, server downtime, LEAKED Skins and Shotgun Update have 1051 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at August 20, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.