Fortnite Season 5 Week 7 Challenges DELAYED: Epic Games leaked Battle Royale tasks on hold
Monday 21st August 2018 – Fortnite developers at Epic Games have announced a slight change to the schedule this week.
It was expected that a new Fortnite 5.3 Update would be coming today along with new patch notes. But in a change to the schedule, Epic last night announced:
“Patch v5.30 is right around the corner! It will release later in the week on Thursday, August 23,” the Epic Games announcement explained.
“Week 7 Challenges will become available Friday, August 24.”
Obviously, this means players have an extra day to wait before the Week 7 Challenges (leaked further down) actually arrive. Likewise, it also means a delay to the next Road Trip loading screen.
Epic Games haven’t revealed why they’ve rescheduled these two important weekly updates, but it is worth remembering that towards the end of Season 4 the game also underwent a similar scheduling shuffle.
Stay tuned for more details.
Monday 20th August 2018 – Fortnite Challenges for Season 5 Week 7 are coming later this week, Thursday, August 23rd to be more precise, but we already have a pretty good idea of the tasks players will be undertaking come Thursday.
As with most weeks, the games latest challenges were leaked by dataminers over the weekend and whilst it’s not 100% official, there’s a pretty solid chance that these leaked Week 7 Challenges will turn out to be correct.
That being said, you never know, maybe Epic Games will change them at the very last minute.
For the time being though, it looks as though it’s going to be a really easy week a pretty straightforward week.
There’s the usual dollop of headshot tasks and a new treasure map to follow.
But honestly, the biggest challenge this week might be searching supply drops. If only because they’re a beacon that screams ‘come and shoot me’ to other players in the area.
Keep reading for the full lowdown and stand by for official confirmation later this week!
Unlike in past seasons of Fortnite, the latest – Season 5 – introduced a new methodology to how weekly challenges would work.
Previously, weekly challenges were only available to Battle Pass holders, but now challenges are split with three weekly challenges for non-Battle Pass players and a further three only available to those with the seasonal Battle Pass.
For those who need a reminder, the Battle Pass costs 950 V-Bucks, purchasable through in-game V-Bucks, which you either earn in-game (slowly) or through a singular paid microtransaction (a bundle of 1,000 V-Bucks costs roughly £8).
If you’re wondering why you should bother completing these challenges? Well, it’s simple. They help you gain extra XP and Battle Stars, which in turn allows your player to level up faster and obtain more free loot in the game. This includes skins, gliders, pickaxes, emotes and much more throughout the season.
You need to complete four of the seven challenges to get your bonus 4000 XP. The other three won’t give you any extra XP, but will help you unlock a mystery loading screen that hides a secret Battle Star in the map.
This is theFortnite Road Trip challenge (previously known as the Blockbuster challenge in Season 4).
Keep reading to find out what the new challenges are for the week ahead and details of how to complete past Season 5 challenges to help you level up that Battle Pass.
Fortnite - Leaked Week 7 Season 5 Challenges (August 23rd 2018)
- Visit the centre of named locations in a single match (4)
- Search supply drops (3)
- SMG eliminations (3)
Battle Pass Challenges:
- Deal headshot damage to opponents (500)
- Search chests in Lucky Landing (7)
- Follow the treasure map found in Pleasant Park HARD (1)
- Eliminate opponents in Lazy Links (3)
What were the previous Fortnite Season 5 Challenges?
If you missed a week and want to go back and complete some past challenges from Season 5, here’s the list of what you’ve missed out on.
Plus some links to helpful guides to assist you with completing some of the more tricky weekly challenges.
Week 6 Challenges (August 16th 2018)
- Deal Headshot Damage to opponents (5 Battle Stars)
- Harvest building resources with a pickaxe (10 Battle Stars)
- Search where the Stone Heads are looking (10 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Lonely Lodge (5 Battle Stars)
- Complete timed trials (5 Battle Stars)
- Minigun or Light Machine Gun Eliminations (10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Tilted Towers (10 Battle Stars)
Week 5 Challenges (August 9th 2018)
- Search Chests in Junk Junction (7)
- Use Rift Portals (3)
- Eliminate opponents in a single match (3)
- Deal damage to players with a Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade (300)
- Hit a golf ball from tee to green on different holes (5)
- Follow the treasure map found in Snobby Shores
- Eliminate opponents in Shifty Shafts (3)
Fortnite: How to complete timed trialsGameplay footage shows how to complete a Fortnite timed trial. Confirmed locations include North of the Gas Station by the Lagoon and in Retail Row outside of the mall.
Fortnite: ‘Search Where the Stone Heads are looking’ challenge SOLVEDFind out how to complete the Search Where the Stone Heads are looking challenge on Fortnite.
Fortnite: New ‘Llama Bell’ emote introducedA new emote has been introduced into Fortnite called a ‘Llama Bell,’ where the character performs a dance while hitting against a bell shaped as a Llama. The dance is said to ‘distract the opponent.’
Week 4 Challenges (August 2nd 2018)
- Build Structures (250)
- Jump through flaming hoops with Shopping Cart of ATK (5)
- Eliminate opponents in Dusty Divot (HARD) (3)
- Deal damage with Sniper Rifles to opponents (500)
- Search Chests in Flush Factory (7)
- Search between a gas station, soccer pitch, and Stunt Mountain (HARD) (1)
- Pistol Eliminations (HARD) (3)
Week 3 Challenges (July 26th 2018)
Week 2 Challenges (July 19th 2018)
- Deal damage with Assault Rifles to opponents (1000 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search 7 Ammo Boxes in a single match (7 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Paradise Palms (HARD) (3 total, 10 Battle Stars)
- Score a basket on different hoops (5 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search chests in Loot Lake (7 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search between an oasis, rock archway and dinosaurs (HARD) (1 total, 10 Battle Stars)
- Sniper Rifle Eliminations (HARD) (2 total, 10 Battle Stars)
Week 1 Challenges (July 12th 2018)
- Deal damage with SMGs to opponents (500 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search aSupply Llama (1 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Clinger, Stink Bomb, or Grenade Eliminations (3 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search Chests in Snobby Shores (7 total, 5 Battle Stars)
- Search floatingLightning Bolts (7 total, 10 Battle Stars)
- Follow thetreasure map found in Risky Reels (1 total, 10 Battle Stars)
- Eliminate opponents in Retail Row (3 total, 10 Battle Stars)
- Who’ll win Week 4’s biggest games?
- Who’ll win Week 3’s biggest games?
- Who’ll win Week 9’s biggest games?
- Game of
- Royals mastered little details on way to biggest prize
- Royals’ reserves use their bats to overcome Duffy’s hot-then-cold start
- 1985 World Series: The wild and crazy complete story of the Kansas City Royals’ unlikely win
- Everything you need to know: Week 3
- Padres Week 2 Review
- Six Points: For Fitzpatrick and Marshall, winning battle of NY has bigger implications
- The Tigers’ next challenge? Finish strong
- The Blitz: Three factors that should decide epic Iron Bowl
- Padres Week 4 Review
- Unofficially official: Mike Pereira previews Week 17 on FOX
- Rose Bowl defenses face dire tasks with confidence
- Unofficially official: Mike Pereira previews Week 15 on FOX
- Cain goes yard, Royals hold on in ninth to beat Brewers 8-5
- Pac-12 title game: 5 questions
- Grind, baby, grind: Royals pick up a hard-earned victory over the Rangers
- Chen implodes in 10th as Twins end Royals’ run of late-inning magic
Fortnite Season 5 Week 7 Challenges DELAYED: Epic Games leaked Battle Royale tasks on hold have 1408 words, post on www.dailystar.co.uk at August 21, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.