Sheryl Swoopes is a basketball legend.
Not only is she one of the greatest players of her generation and a WNBA pioneer, but she was a trailblazer in the shoe game too.
In 1995, Swoopes became the first woman to get a signature Nike basketball shoe with the release of the Air Swoopes.
Two years later, Nike followed it up with the Air Swoopes II, which had a unique look with its lacing system and vertical Nike swoosh.
And now, two-plus decades after its original release, the Air Swoopes II are returning to the limelight and making a comeback. This is no joke, folks.
Nike has dropped the retro Air Swoopes II
Starting today, you can pick up a pair of the classic shoes with a white/black-royal colorway design. The Nike Air Swoopes II are available on Nike.com for $140. Nike will also release a white/black-red colorway version on September 7.
The Nike Air Swoopes II kick off a new series focusing on retro female shoes
The retail giant will pay homage to 1990s basketball and pop culture with by re-releasing old-school female shoes, according to Nike’s website.
While we don’t know much about the upcoming series, this is an exciting new venture that should produce some fresh kicks and honor legends like Swoopes.
We’ll keep you updated with more info as product release dates are announced. For now, enjoy the 90s feel on your feet.
Looking for more product reviews, shopping guides, and good deals on sports merchandise and apparel? Check out our new Buy Stuff section.
- Parts of northwestern India records cold wave, very poor air
- Fresh veg, salad, raspberries and strawberries will run out in January if lorry chaos isn't sorted TODAY -experts warn - as desperate shoppers queue up from 5.30am to strip supermarket shelves with just three days left until Christmas
- Republicans REFUSE to give Trump the $2,000 relief checks he demanded and say they won't sign up to Pelosi's plan for Christmas Eve deal - setting up crisis which could shut down government
- PS5 stock: How to get a PlayStation 5 today as BT and EE confirm restock
- The best shoe deals for December 2020: Sales to shop today
- Last moments of migrants in Essex lorry horror: Chilling photos show how 39 Vietnamese victims slashed air holes in trailer as floor plan reveals bodies piled up inside - after two men are convicted of their manslaughter in £1m people smuggling ring
- Russia and France wreak revenge on ISIS: Putin orders his warships in Med to work with French Navy as jihadists in Syria are pummelled from the air
- The Hill's Morning Report - Presented by Mastercard - Today: Vaccine distribution starts, Electoral College meets.
- Green Monday iPad deals: save up to $100 on Pro and 8th generation today
- Chloe Ferry showcases her jaw-dropping curves as she dresses in a skimpy bra to take her dogs for a walk... after revealing she's put on half a stone
- HBO Max prices, free trials, and deals explained: stream Wonder Woman 1984 and more today
- A 'Roman temple to transportation': How the original New York Penn Station was a majestic Beaux-Arts gem, built in rivalry with the Vanderbilts, but was demolished in the 60s to make way for today's Madison Square Garden
- Madness of Heaven's Gate cult: HBO doc reveals how two Star Trek-obsessed Texans persuaded 39 cult members to 'exit their human vessels' in largest mass suicide in US history - and each with $5.75 in their pocket and wearing same Nike sneakers
- The END of the West End? Tier 3 lockdown hammers central London as stores suffer nearly 70% plunge in footfall compared to last year as millions go online with internet sales up 75%
- Farewell, Astad
- The Untold Story: How Kennedy came to India's aid in 1962
- Flights to US thrown into chaos as Heathrow COVID testing centre is struck down by a 'plumbing issue' for second day - as Virgin Airlines says UK passengers to ANYWHERE in America will now need a negative test to board
- Remembering Michele Alboreto: F1 ace, Le Mans winner and good man
- Vukovich – The greatest ever Indy 500 driver?
- The Ars Technica ultimate holiday gift guide 2020
Check out the retro Air Swoopes II, dropped by Nike today have 672 words, post on www.sbnation.com at August 17, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.