RYANAIR has cancelled 16 more flights to the UK today as pilots go on strike. Cancelled flights are all from Ireland and customers will have already been notified by email or text message. The airline says that these customers will have been offered other flights or will have been given a refund. Pilots employed in Dublin are in dispute over seniority, promotion and annual leave. On July 24 Ryanair posted a statement saying: “Since FORSA has again failed to answer our call to cancel the 3rd strike by a small minority (25%) of our Irish pilots (who earn between €150,000 – €200,000), we regrettably have cancelled just 16 (5%) of over 290 Irish flights next Tues 24 July (only some IRE-UK flights affected). “All 2,500 affected Irish customers have already been notified by email/SMS and will be readily re-accommodated (or refunded) on other Ryanair flights between IRE-UK routes over the next 7 days. ” Today’s pilot strike follows on from last Friday’s walkout, which affected more than 4,000 passengers. Cabin crew also will walk out this week on Wednesday and Thursday with flights to Portugal, Spain and Belgium affected during peak summer holiday time. The airline won’t run 600 of their… Read full this story
- Ryanair passenger removed from flight by police after 'bloody altercation'
- Cyclone Nivar | 12 departure and 12 arrival flights cancelled at Chennai airport
- Ryanair axes third of flights and closes airport bases as coronavirus restrictions decimate the travel industry
- Hundreds of flights cancelled as Shanghai tackles Covid-19
- Hundreds of flights cancelled as Shanghai tackles virus outbreak
- Strike: Reps to meet ASUU today over IPPIS
- SpaceX plans high-altitude test flight for its SN8 starship next week
- Ryanair ‘hasn’t refunded all customers for Covid cancellations’, says Which?
- Family fight for four months to get £1,400 refund from Ryanair over Majorcan holiday cancelled by Covid - only for the cheque to BOUNCE
- Ryanair customers still waiting on 'refunds from March' despite O'Leary rant
Ryanair strike 2018 – 16 more flights cancelled today as pilots protest again – with more strikes this week have 316 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 24, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.