The news keeps getting worse for Giants starter Johnny Cueto.
Earlier on Monday, there were reports that Cueto would likely end up back on the disabled list. Then, later in the day, Giants beat writer Henry Schulman reported that Tommy John surgery could be on the horizon.
Bochy: “Strong possibility” Cueto has Tommy John.” #sfgiants
— Henry Schulman (@hankschulman) July 31, 2018
The report comes just days after Cueto saw doctors for pain in his right elbow. Also keep in mind that in early May, he took a trip cross country to see Dr. James Andrews.
“I keep telling you guys and keep telling myself I’m fine, but in reality, I’m not,” Cueto told NBC Sports through an interpreter.
The surgery would end Cueto’s season and with it being so late in the year, it could also keep him sidelined for 2019. The 32-year-old is under contract through at least 2021, earning a whopping $21 million annually. San Francisco does have a $22 million club option for 2022 with a $5 million buyout.
Cueto has posted a 3.23 ERA in 53 innings across nine starts this season.
- Phillies fire manager Gabe Kapler after disappointing season
- Trevor Story’s MRI results show no structural damage to joint or elbow for the Rockies’ all-star
- The 34 highest-paid players in baseball
- GenMark Diagnostics Inc (GNMK) Q4 2018 Earnings Conference Call Transcript
- The Messy Business Of Reinventing Happiness
- Why Larry Smarr Is Pioneering Collaborative Innovation
- 25 Actors Who Turned Down HUGE Movie Roles
- 50 of the most loathsome movie characters of all time
- 50 TV and movie remakes that are better than the original
- 30 stars you totally forgot were on 'Cheers'
- FBI v. Apple: One year later, it hasn’t settled much
- The 18 best 'Shark Tank' pitches ever
- How Marc Farzetta went from being Angelo Cataldi's heir apparent to his morning rival
- IBM’s Watson Is Learning Its Way To Saving Lives
- Our new overlords? Meet the waiter, the doctor, the cleaner
- Bears Q&A: What's up with Jordan Howard? Scenarios to trade down? Cameron Meredith's situation?
- 27 books that can change your life forever
- The 100 best crime movies of all time, according to critics
- Siri, Who Is Terry Winograd?
- Denver Broncos position preview 2018: Mostly in-tact defensive line has high expectations
Gaints manager Bruce Bochy says 'strong possibility' Johnny Cueto will need Tommy John surgery have 376 words, post on www.sportingnews.com at July 29, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.