Instagram revealed this week that it now has 1 billion monthly active users, up from the 800 million reported in September 2017.This increase in monthly users makes Instagram the fastest growing social network at the moment — by a considerably margin.While Facebook has more overall users, its growth in monthly users has stalled to just 3.14 percent. Snapchat is growing even slower, at a rate of 2.13 percent.Instagram, on the other hand, is growing nearly 5 percent from quarter to quarter.Ironically, Instagram’s continued growth could partially be attributed to copying features from Snapchat, such as stories and filters.Stories have become wildly popular on Instagram, and the amount of people publishing stories has eclipsed Snapchat’s entire userbase.Another potential factor contributing to Instagram’s growth is Facebook’s waning popularity with younger demographics. Teens are flocking toward Instagram and using Facebook less often.I would be remiss not to mention Snapchat’s redesign, which has been poorly received by both users and critics.While others stumble Instagram continues to succeed, making it the one of the most interesting social networks to keep an eye on right now.
- MLB Players Launch New Social Media App
- The Miami Heat win consecutive games for the first time in more than a month
- Monty Grow gets nearly 22-year prison sentence
- NSA Prism program taps in to user data of Apple, Google and others
- Social media is an existential threat to our idea of democracy
- Royals now valued at more than $1 billion, according to Forbes
- Colorado Rockies: Forbes Names Rockies Latest Billion-Dollar Franchise
- Best Mets players to follow on Instagram
- LeBron James just re-followed the Cavaliers on Instagram
- Comcast vs. Big Ten Network and what it means for the Pac-12 (not much, at least in the short term)
Instagram Has 1 Billion Monthly Users, Now the Fastest Growing Social Network have 295 words, post on www.searchenginejournal.com at June 21, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.