Fallout 76 has had a proper (but still slightly ambiguous) reveal at the Xbox E3 2018 press conference. Introduced by Bethesda Game Studios boss Todd Howard, the gameplay trailer didn’t quite go as far as to resolve the ‘Is it multiplayer or not?’ question that’s plagued Fallout 76 since it was announced, but it did look very, very pretty indeed.
Detailing an emerging survivor from Vault 76 as they take their first steps out into a West Virginia wilderness even greener and grassier than that of Fallout 4, Fallout 76’s trailer wears its prequel credentials on its metallic sleeve, showing off the return of the original series’ power armour amid much talk of rebuilding and the reestablishment of society. Yeah, good luck with that.
As for more concrete details, Howard did state that Fallout 76 is four times bigger that Fallout 4 (Fallout 4 already being huge), is indeed the story of the very first nuke survivors emerging from the very first vaults, and we were also told that it will be available for pre-order on June 15, at least on the Xbox store. No word on a release date yet, but we’ll surely get that at the Bethesda E3 2018 press conference later today.
- Times Square to host Grapple in the Apple in June as wrestlers seek to earn Olympic trip
- Apple: iPhone pre-orders topped 4 million on first day
- In New Jersey, fight continues against immigration orders
- Solar eclipse lodging still available in several states, but act fast!
- Kentucky attorney general challenges Bevin executive order on education boards
- That was no Oldchella: Rolling Stones, Bob Dylan show why time is on their side at Desert Trip
- Jeremy Lin, NY Knicks sensation, may be key to ending war between Time Warner Cable and MSG Network
- Trump's health insurance order pushes association plans to drive down costs — for some
- Will local police carry out Trump's deportation orders?
- Judge Nap: How Trump's New Immigration Order Could Be 'Bulletproof'