Final Fantasy 7 Remake was nowhere to be seen at the Square Enix E3 2018 event, despite it being one of the most highly anticipated releases that the publisher has up its sleeve. With so little new information available pertaining to the upcoming RPG remake, fans had been hoping that Square would show off the game during the event. Unfortunately, it was notably absent from proceedings.
Square Enix has kept quiet about Final Fantasy 7 Remake, with only snippets of information having been announced since its initial reveal back in E3 2015. With it being kept so tightly under wraps, it was predicted that it would pop up this year, and we’d finally be given some more details and even a confirmed release date. However, that was not to be, and in an underwhelming pre-recorded 30-minute event Cloud and co. were no-shows.
But this doesn’t mean that Final Fantasy 7 Remake won’t be appearing at E3 2018 altogether. Although Sony has stated that it’s focused on doing “deep-dives” of its major upcoming first-party titles such as The Last of Us 2 and Death Stranding, the Square Enix RPG could make its way to the press conference. Considering that Sony were the ones who staged the initial reveal, there’s a chance that it could come full circle and we’ll be seeing Final Fantasy 7 Remake later today.
With other Square Enix games such as The Avengers also not making an appearance, perhaps Square Enix will feature prominently during Sony’s event. Or maybe Square simply doesn’t feel confident in Final Fantasy 7 Remake enough to show it off, with it having reportedly experienced a troubled development cycle. We’ll have to wait until the Sony press conference later today to see if the remake shows up.
- Reports: Big Ten to play 2018 tournament at Madison Square Garden
- FANTASY NASCAR PREVIEW: Crown Royal 400 Driver Picks
- FANTASY NASCAR PREVIEW: CAMPINGWORLD.COM 500 Driver Picks
- The Coolest Stuff We Saw at CES 2018
- IOC: Pyeongchang must focus on delivering test events in ’16
- St. Louis named finalist for 2018 IIHF World Junior Championship
- Garcia details FIFA probe of 2018-2022 WCup bids
- 10 female fantasy writers to read after
- Putin marks 1,000 days to 2018 FIFA World Cup without Valcke
- Madison Square Garden to host Big Ten tournament in 2018
- WWE’s WrestleMania looks to upstage Final Four in Texas
- WWE's WrestleMania looks to upstage NCAA Final Four in Texas
- Plans in place for 4-team basketball trip in 2018
- Pyeongchang begins construction of athletes village for 2018
- IOC approves new events for 2018 Winter Games in Pyeongchang
- NIT, MSG agree to 3-year contract extension through 2018
- Vikings lobbying to host 2018 Super Bowl in new stadium
- Minnesota to host 2018 NCAA Frozen Four
- Minnesota makes official bid for Super Bowl in 2018
- Joint working group formed to speed up 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics prep
E3 2018: Final Fantasy 7 Remake is a No-Show at Square Enix E3 2018 Event have 449 words, post on www.gamerevolution.com at June 11, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.