No need to book a flight to Bali, Bogor in West Java has plenty to offer for year-end holidays.
Approximately 100 kilometers from Jakarta, Malasari tourist village is a great place for a natural holiday escapade. Located in Nanggung subdistrict, Bogor regency, West Java, Malasari boasts the refreshing beauty of Mount Halimun’s ecosystem.
Here are seven charms awaiting visitors to Malasari tourist village, as compiled by tempo.co:
1. Diverse flora and fauna
Seventy-eight percent of Malasari tourism village is located in the Halimun Salak National Park, where visitors can encounter the park’s diverse fauna and flora. The lowland rainforest offers tons of endemic plants and unique animals such as Javan gibbons, leopards, Javan eagles and slow lorises.
2. Beautiful rice terraces
One of Indonesia’s signature landmarks, rice terraces can also be found in Malasari. The local community still uses a traditional planting system and patterns. Visitors can enjoy the seren taun harvest ceremony here, aside from taking gorgeous selfies, of course.
3. Nirmala Agung tea plantation
Established in the Dutch colonial period, the Nirmala Agung tea plantation covers 11.8 percent of the tourist village’s area. The plantation is stunning and is an ideal to take stunning photos. Visitors can take a walk in the tea garden while breathing in the rainy city’s fresh countryside air.
Read also: Jakpost explores Bogor
4. Waterfalls and rivers
Do you enjoy some splashing in water? Well, Malasari is surrounded by the Cikaniki and Cidurian rivers. It also has a lot of waterfalls, such as the Bajing and Pasakan waterfalls.
5. Canopy trail
A canopy bridge connecting several large trees is available in Malasari. Built in 1998, it is 120 meters long and 25 m high. It’s just perfect for a thrilling adrenaline ride.
6. Historical tourism
This tourist village also hosts the Bogor regency’s forerunner, the 1947 Boepati Hall, which was its first administrative center, led by Rd. Ipit Gandaman. There are also several other ruins that can be explored.
7. Sundanese home accommodation
Those interested in staying the night in a traditional Sundanese house, can visit the Abah Nduy homestay. Located just behind the Boepati Hall, the homestay is a good place to stay for tourists visiting with their families. However, visitors are also allowed to set up tents in the available camp areas. (iru/kes)
- 53 San Antonio-area restaurants outside Loop 1604 worth exploring
- 10 surprising US tourist destinations worth a visit this year
- The one 'tourist trap' that's actually worth visiting in every state
- Exploring Tuamese natural tourism
- Explore African-American Culture During Miami Heritage Month
- 28 once-in-a-lifetime trips you should take in 2019, according to National Geographic
- 100 under-the-radar islands everyone should visit in their lifetime
- The 13 best places to visit in September for every type of traveller
- The 3 best places to travel every month of 2019
- The 28 best things to do in Sydney to experience it like a local
- Here's the best small town in every state
- The 52 most incredible places to visit in 2018
- Alentejo: Portugal’s undiscovered craft paradise
- BUSINESS IN BRIEF 18/6
- 13 places to travel to in August for every type of traveller
- 40 of the most underrated travel destinations around the world
- I stumbled across a Mediterranean island few Americans seem to know about, and I'm convinced it will be the next vacation hot spot
- I spent a week in Bali without ever going to the beach and had the time of my life. Here's what I did instead.
- Travel: The ten most Instagram-worthy Scottish sights
- I went on an epic road trip to find the best beach in 2018's hottest travel destination — and it did not disappoint
When in Bogor, Malasari village is tourist gem worth exploring have 576 words, post on www.thejakartapost.com at May 10, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.