While it’s primarily an accessory for Switch owners that want some added control, the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller has proven itself as a worthy add-on for Switch owners to grab, but now those with a PC can also make use of the controller if they would like.
Over on the Steam Community forums, Valve has revealed that the latest Steam client beta update now features support for the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller, allowing users to connect their Pro Controller to their PC to use with various games.
Before this, it was actually possible to play PC games with the Switch Pro Controller through third-party software, though now with its integration straight into the Steam client itself, it should prove far easier to use for PC players, much like it already does with other controllers like the Xbox One controller, the PS4’s DualShock 4, and more.
To enable using the Switch Pro Controller on PC, users must opt into the Steam client beta and then enable support for the controller in the Controller Support section of Steam’s settings.
From here after enabling the controller, users can set up control configurations for the Switch Pro Controller on a per-game basis, or to use the controller’s regular layout across all games.
For more in-depth details on how to set up the Nintendo Switch Pro Controller to use with your PC, you can check out Valve’s full post on setting up the controller.
- Beats Solo Pro headphones pack a punch with sound, noise cancellation and a sleek design
- Using ps3 wireless remote controller wisely
- Control Valves Market Size, Worldwide Strategy and Forecasts 2021
- Weed Control Products in Australia from Reliable Suppliers a Must for Complete Solution
- Get ultimate control on racing games with Wii Steering Wheel Controller
- Rock your game by using Wii steering wheel controller
- Need for outsourced Technical Support Services
- Optimize Functionality with Remote Control Software
- In Vitro Diagnostics Quality Control Market To Expand At A CAGR Of 3.7% Till 2024
- Bugs Got You Bothered? Get Tips on Bug Control