With the title “Vietnam Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc to make official visit to Singapore on Wednesday”, Channelnewsasia cited a statement from Singapore’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs on Tuesday (April 24th) saying that Mr Phuc’s visit is taking place as Singapore and Vietnam celebrate 45 years of diplomatic relations this year.
The press also said the Vietnamese leader would attend the Vietnam-Singapore Business Dialogue jointly organised by Enterprise Singapore, Singapore Business Federation and Singapore Manufacturing Federation.
On the consecutive activities, Channelnewsasia also published “Singapore, Vietnam sign six agreements to boost cooperation”, including financial innovations and Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) development.
According to the article, Singapore was Vietnam’s third largest foreign investor in 2017, with over USD43.2 billion invested in more than 1,800 projects.
Besides, PM Lee Hsien Loong also said that Hanoi, Ho Chi Minh city and Da Nang in Vietnam will be part of the ASEAN Smart Cities Network which is being proposed by Singapore as the ASEAN chair. He added that he was impressed with their rapid urban development, which he saw when he visited all three cities during his two visits to Vietnam last year.
On April 26th, the Straits Times also ran an article titled “Singapore and Vietnam sign deals”.
The article said Singapore and Vietnam inked six agreements to strengthen ties on environmental protection, banking supervision, fintech, renewable energy, liquefied natural gas and trade rules.
Mr Phuc is on a three-day official visit to Singapore ahead of the 32nd ASEAN Summit this weekend.
The Straits Times also reported that Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong and his visiting counterpart Nguyen Xuan Phuc toasted the close partnership between their countries, which celebrate 45 years of diplomatic ties this year, at an official dinner at the Istana last night./.Compiled by BTA
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc wraps up official visits to Romania, Czech Republic
- PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc meets IMF Managing Director in Bali
- The delicacy of Vietnam PM’s gift to President Hollande
- Norwegian PM appreciates Vietnam’s increasing international and regional role
- PM receives OANA members’ leaders
- PM sets off for attendance at ASEM 12, P4G, visits to European nations
- Vietnamese PM meets Lao counterpart in Cambodia
- PM meets former Belgian Foreign Minister
- PM: positive results in 10 months create foundation for sustainable growth
- Vietnam willing to further medical cooperation with Denmark: PM
- PM sends condolences to families of UK container truck victims
- PM orders strong economic restructuring in Soc Trang
- Italian PM’s Vietnam visit hoped to bolster bilateral partnership
- Indonesian media spotlight Joko Widodo’s visit to Vietnam
- Kim Holds Talks With Vietnamese President During Hanoi Visit - Reports
- Deputy PM Pham Binh Minh addresses issues of public concern
- State Duma Chairman wraps up official visit to Vietnam
- Vietnam PM Honors Korean Football Coach Park Hang-seo
- IT application ensures high-quality 2019 census: Deputy PM
- HCM City keen on boosting partnership with Singapore
Singapore press highly appraises PM Nguyen Xuan Phuc’s visit have 472 words, post on en.dangcongsan.vn at April 27, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.