“He said, ‘These are your friends, they’ll help you relax, they’ll take the edge off, ‘” Constand recalled, adding she took the pills because she “trusted him”.
“When you don’t have a case, you’ll fill the case with something else”, she said.
It was then that she said Cosby suggested acting out a script in which she was to play a drunk character.
Instead, Constand said, the pills instead made her black out.
“Thank God”, she said. The defense attorneys are once again expected to argue that the encounter was consensual. The first trial ended in a mistrial last June after the jury was deadlocked and unable to reach a verdict.
Chelan Lasha, one of the five women allowed to testify as evidence of Cosby’s “prior bad acts”, took the stand Wednesday and alleged Cosby drugged and assaulted her when she was 17 years old in Las Vegas in 1986.
Pairing a bright white blazer and sneakers with a coral top, Constand closed out the first week of Cosby’s retrial this afternoon immediately after the Montgomery County jury heard similar stories of assault from five other women whose claims against Cosby are too old to prosecute.
Allred, who is representing several accusers testifying, said she would put that move “under the heading of be careful what you wish for” because jurors could wonder why Cosby paid so much when he has denied wrongdoing.
Mesereau, who won an acquittal in Michael Jackson’s 2005 child molestation case, told jurors that Constand was in deep financial trouble and attached all of her hopes to what she could milk from her relationship with Cosby.
Janice Baker-Kinney will return to the witness stand on Thursday after punctuating her first two hours of testimony at Cosby’s sexual assault retrial in suburban Philadelphia with a firm declaration: “I was raped”.
Thomas testified that she was greeted by a driver at the airport, who took her to a secluded ranch house where Cosby personally opened the door to her and implored her to dress in something more comfortable.
Over dinner, he allegedly handed her a blue pill, which she thought would ease menstrual cramps, but left her dizzy and “out of it”. When they awoke, they said, they realized that he had assaulted them.
“I didn’t consent to this”.
As she regained consciousness, Cosby, she testified, was allegedly fondling her and humping her, making deep guttural grunts. I remember thinking how very, very wrong it was.
Lasha’s testimony followed that of Heidi Thomas, who returned to the witness stand Wednesday after telling jurors late Tuesday that Cosby knocked her out with wine and forced her to perform oral sex in a Reno, Nev., hotel room in 1984. I wanted it to stop. “I was weak. I was limp and I could not fight him off”. “I wanted to punch him in the face”.
Dickinson claimed she told her ghostwriter the “entire horrific, catastrophic” experience to publish the truth, but was advised it “would never get past Cosby’s legal team”.
Later, during a break in the action with the judge out of the courtroom, Lasha spontaneously burst into sobs and began gasping before recovering her composure.
Yet the three counts involving Constand, who now lives in Canada, are the only criminal charges to stick against Cosby.
His lawyers have portrayed Ms Constand as a gold-digging con artist.
“We had an agreement and that agreement was supposed to be for both sides”. And I was really confused because – what I remembered before I went on that couch feeling blurry vision and what I felt. “It’s compensation for the damages done to her”. On cross-examination, Cosby’s lawyers questioned her about why her statement in 2014 lacked numerous details she testified about Wednesday.
Mesereau tried to undermine Constand’s credibility in his opening statement.
- Trump rape accuser seeks DNA sample from U.S. president
- Pakistani police chief accused of leading hit squad that murdered dozens
- Cosby trial ends in swirl of uncertainty but campaigners see encouraging signs
- Bill Cosby: criminal case opens door for dozens of women to testify in court
- Harvey Weinstein's trial is closely tracking Bill Cosby's. But there's 1 major difference
- Weinstein rape trial: Accuser said says former Hollywood mogul sexually assaulted her in children's bedroom
- Bill Cosby sexual assault trial: only one accuser permitted to testify
- Bill Cosby sexual assault prosecutors ask judge to allow 13 accusers to testify
- Camille Cosby, Lawyers Want Bill’s Conviction Dismissed
- Bill Cosby: Why is there a time limit on bringing sexual assault cases to US courts?
- Weinstein rape trial: Former actresses says former producer preyed on dreams of stardom to sexually assault them
- Weinstein WAVES at Rosie Perez before she tells his sex crimes jury about phone call with Sopranos actress Annabella Sciorra who told her movie mogul had 'raped her and ruined her family heirloom nightgown'
- Psychiatrist takes the stand, talks about 'rape myths' in Weinstein trial
- Bill Cosby Declares Victory After Mistrial; Prosecutors Vow to Try Again
- Democrats troll Donald Trump at his impeachment trial by playing tape of his hate target John McCain saying 'we are all Ukrainians' and country needed to be propped up in face of Russian aggression
- Psychiatrist testifies about 'rape myths' in Weinstein trial
- Bill Cosby ordered to give deposition in Playboy Mansion underage sex lawsuit
- Bill Cosby trial: deadlocked jury told to continue deliberations
- John Roberts reprimands BOTH sides in Donald Trump's impeachment trial for calling each other traitors and liars after Senate blows past midnight as Democrats lose caustic battle to get witnesses and evidence
- Expert Psychiatrist Breaks Down ‘Rape Myths’ at Weinstein Trial
Cosby's chief accuser 'seeking justice' in sex trial have 958 words, post on crcconnection.com at April 14, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.