I’ve been watching the evolution of free-to-play space-ninja shooter Warframe on and off for thirteen years now. Back at E3, 2005, it first saw the light of day as Dark Sector, a high-concept sci-fi action RPG years before its time. Rejected by publishers, Digital Extremes settled on reworking it into a Gears of War clone while they kept the dream alive. When the concept later resurfaced as Warframe, many wrote it off. Admittedly, it was threadbare in those early days, with limited depth and only a single environment to play in, but it grew. Oh my, how it grew. Five years from its original Steam debut, it’s celebrating by showering players with goodies, including a complete set of mid-tier weaponry, with a themed character skin to match. Those logging in over the next two weeks will find themselves immediately gifted the Dex skin and helmet (named after the now-forgotten pilot character in the Dark Sector concept trailer) for the Excalibur Warframe. Also available via the Alert mission system will be four more rewards, including a Dex-motif syandana scarf/cloak, and a trio of similarly styled weapons: Dual short-swords, akimbo SMG pistols and a lever-action rifle that fires two bullets with every pull of… Read full this story
- 'ARK' Crystal Isles PC Release Date & 5th Anniversary Event Announced
- Sonam and Anand celebrate wedding anniversary amid lockdown
- Mark Ruffalo celebrates the anniversary of 13 Going On 30 with a screen grab of himself with co-star Jennifer Garner: 'Missing that time'
- Deepika Padukone remembers 'Piku' co-star Irrfan Khan on film's 5th anniversary
- Buffy The Vampire Slayer facts as Sarah Michelle Gellar celebrates 21th anniversary
- Lizzie Cundy, 52, puts on an eye-popping display in sizzling scarlet swimsuit as she celebrates 75th anniversary of VE Day with champagne and cake
- First X-Men Movie Celebrates 20th Anniversary with New Funko Pop! Figures
- The Inbetweeners cast to reunite in one-off special to celebrate tenth anniversary
- Veteran nicknamed Eddie the Eagle, 88, beats coronavirus in time to celebrate 75th anniversary of VE Day
- V-Day Live Updates: Russia Celebrates 75th Anniversary of the Victory in WWII
Warframe celebrates its 5th anniversary with ninja loot have 347 words, post on www.rockpapershotgun.com at March 13, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.