A couple of years ago, Activision released Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered as part of a special edition of Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare. The decision to bundle Modern Warfare Remastered with Infinite Warfare, and not selling a standalone version for about six months, was met with harsh criticism from the community. However, if new rumors are correct, then it seems like Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered will be standalone right off the bat, and will release a lot sooner than expected.
An Amazon listing discovered by IGN Italy pegged both a PS4 and Xbox One version of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered (which has yet to be officially announced) for release on April 30. The listing also included pricing information, which translated to about $25, though a more likely scenario is that it will cost $30 or even $40, like Modern Warfare Remastered did at launch.
While it’s certainly possible that Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered will be announced for an April 30 release, that does seem rather early, and it could just be a placeholder date for a soon-to-be announced game. Then again, if Activision does release Modern Warfare 2 Remastered on April 30, it would leave a six month gap between it and the launch of Call of Duty: Black Ops 4, which could maximize its sales potential.
We don’t know if Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered is going to release on April 30, but it’s a safe bet that the game is in development. After all, we know that Activision plans on releasing more remasters after the success of Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy, and considering the record-breaking sales success Modern Warfare 2 enjoyed back in the day, remastering the game for modern consoles seems like a no-brainer.
Once Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered is announced, it will be interesting to see what enhancements or other features are included to entice veterans. It will also be interesting to see if there is any censorship in the game in regards to the No Russian mission, since footage of that mission was shown in the recent video game violence meeting held by President Donald Trump.
At the very least, fans should be able to expect sharper graphics from Modern Warfare 2 Remastered, even if there are no new gameplay features or enhancements. If the game is truly set to launch on April 30 as rumored, then a proper reveal should be coming any day now, so fans should stay tuned for more information.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered is rumored to be launching on April 30 for PS4 and Xbox One.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare’s season two battle pass brings Ghost to the game
- RTX ray tracing is coming to Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, but will it impress?
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Confirms Popular MW2 Multiplayer Map Is Returning for Season 2
- 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare' Leaks Show Weapons & Maps For Season 2 & Update 1.14
- 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare' Update 1.14 Adds Season 2, Rust & More - Patch Notes
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Has More Surprises Left, Teases Activision
- 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare' 1.14 Season 2 Update is 60GB, Devs Explain Why
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Season 2 Trailer Leaks
- Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare starts its second season today, bringing Ghost back into the fight
- 'Call of Duty: Modern Warfare' Season 2 Release - What Time Does the Battle Pass Start?