The only problem with Rocket League is that you can’t really play car soccer in real life. Hot Wheels is changing that.
Hot Wheels and Rocket League developer Pysonix teamed up to create a Rocket League RC car set that includes two smartphone-controlled cars, a game ball, and an arena that knows when you’ve made a goal and keeps score. The Hot Wheels Rocket League Rivals RC Set is coming this fall.
The set’s two cars, an Octane and a Dominus from the video game, can be controlled with an app on a smartphone or other smart device. The ball, which looks like the ball from the game, has an infrared signal so the goals and scoreboard can keep track of points. It even comes with a charging base for the cars that looks like a boost pad from the game.
The RC car set hasn’t been finalized, but more details are expected to come out later this year, including an exact release date and a price.
This isn’t the first time that Hot Wheels and Rocket League have teamed up. In the video game, there are a handful of Hot Wheels items and two Hot Wheels-inspired cars that players can buy and use in matches. Plus, Hot Wheels came out with pull-back micro-sized car toys inspired by Rocket League cars.
The new fully controllable RC car set is just the next step in the evolution of Rocket League becoming an actual real activity with full-sized, rocket-powered cars.
- How To Get New WWE Items In Rocket League
- 15:17 to Paris Review: Eastwood's Real-Life Hero Tale Falls Short
- Hot Time at the Movies: FJI previews the summer, from blockbusters to indies
- Wintry Buffalo is an art and food hot spot
- The top five most iconic cars in Hollywood movies of all time, from Steve McQueen's Mus
- ‘Atlanta’ Shows Us What Life Is Like When You're Not Always On That Phone
- HOT TICKETS
- Why it was not a wonderful life for Macaulay Culkin after he found fame in the hit Christmas film Home Alone
- Summer Sizzle: 'FJI' previews the hot-weather season’s coming attractions
- Elon Musk reportedly tells Tesla employees that they should just leave meetings or hang up the phone if it's not productive
- 'Justice League' is strictly minor league
- 'The Bachelorette' Cast: Meet Hannah Brown's 30 Men
- This Video of a 12-Foot Robot Transforming Into a Car is Simply Mindblowing
- South Korea – The funfair of life
- Film Review: The Happiest Day in the Life of Olli Maki
- Steve Carrell opens up about terrifying moment he was hit by a car
- Film Review: A Burning Hot Summer
- Six incredible ways Italy profoundly changed my life
- You can tour Allianz Field today, meet players and check out its brew hall (but take the train)
- The story of LeBron James and the 2003 Boston summer league
'Rocket League' meets Hot Wheels for real-life RC car soccer have 478 words, post on mashable.com at February 13, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.