A new trailer for Kingdom Hearts 3 reveals that Sora, Goofy and Donald Duck will be taking a trip to the world of Monsters, Inc. and meeting Sulley, Mike and Boo. In addition to a cinematic cut-scene showing the characters’ first encounter, the trailer also showcases some of the gameplay, including a fight on the Monsters, Inc. factory floor.
Numbering nine games over 16 years, the Kingdom Hearts series has proved a profitable partnership for Disney and Square Enix. Set in a universe which combines the many worlds created by both companies, the games focus on the teaming of various heroes to save all of reality from the primary antagonist Xehanort. The upcoming Kingdom Hearts 3 is perhaps the most highly anticipated video game sequel of the year.
The trailer (which you can view above) was released on the official Kingdom Hearts YouTube Channel. Originally revealed at the D23 2018 Expo at Walt Disney’s Tokyo Resort, the trailer – while primarily focuses on Monsters Inc. – shows some of the other worlds and characters that players can expect to encounter in Kingdom Hearts 3. Chief among these is the kingdom of Cornona, the setting of Walt Disney’s animated film Tangled.
The video confirms earlier rumors that Rapunzel would be a playable party member, showing her using her hair as a whip to take down waves of enemies and swinging around the battle field. Flynn Rider is also seen fighting with a frying pan in the background. The video also offers quick glimpses of Sora fighting alongside Buzz Lightyear and Woody the Cowboy from Toy Story, Ariel from Disney’s The Little Mermaid acting as one of Sora’s summons, and one of the game’s promised new “theme park ride summons attacks”. In this case, Sora appears to be destroying his enemies by calling upon the power of the spinning tea cups from Disneyland’s famous Mad Tea Party ride.
It remains to be seen if Kingdom Hearts 3 can possibly live up to the hype that fans of the franchise have built up over the past decade of development. It’s entirely possible that the game will fail to meet the expectations of the fandom, no matter how good it actually is. The Disney and Final Fantasy fan-bases are both notoriously picky and it may be impossible to satisfy them after such a long wait.
On the other hand, this trailer does offer several reasons to be hopeful regarding Kingdom Hearts 3. The game play appears to be true to the spirit of the earlier installments, while simultaneously taking advantage of the advances in technology since Kingdom Hearts 2. And who knows – maybe this time Donald will actually cast Cure when he is supposed to!
Kingdom Hearts 3 doesn’t have an official release date yet. We will keep you posted.
Source: Kingdom Hearts
More in Game News
- The Golden Trailer Awards nominations are revealed: Netflix, A Star Is Born and production company Trailer Park lead the way
- Jeff Goldblum returns as iconic character in new Jurassic World video game
- Panama Papers: New Zealand identified as pivotal in world's rich hiding their money
- Diablo 4 release date, trailers, news and rumors
- Scary Monsters
- Monster Hunter review roundup: here’s what the critics are saying
- Harry and Meghan expand their empire: Couple sign lucrative '£30 million' podcast deal with Spotify - starting with a 'holiday special' that 'uplifts audiences around the world' - as they build their brand just months after £100m Netflix contract
- Can coronavirus cure Brussels of its addiction to driving?
- GamesRadar's 100 best games of the generation
- All The Xbox Game Pass Games Right Now
- Top PS4 titles to play on PS5 for enhanced framerates and resolution
- 2020's best games took me under the surface
- Netflix: excellent movies to watch this week in December 2020
- Nintendo Switch eShop Holiday Sale Is Live Now
- Steam Winter Sale Best Deals: Hades, Half-Life Alyx, And More
- Here are the all of the big announcements from The Game Awards 2020
- The best animated movies on Disney+ right now
- Chinese New Year Pics: ‘The Wandering Earth’ To Ignite Local Sci-Fi Biz?; ‘Pegasus’, ‘Peppa’ & More Also Ring In Holiday Frame
- Steam Summer Sale 2020: the best deals and PC games on Steam
- Genshin Impact Update 1.2 Patch Notes Reveal Tons Of New Content And Rewards
Kingdom Hearts 3 D23 Trailer Highlights Monsters, Inc. World have 770 words, post on screenrant.com at February 12, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.