It’s not too often that you see a brand new Sega Mega Drive game (with cartridge!) in this day and age — even with the advent of Kickstarter projects. However, that is exactly what UK-based developer Bitmap Bureau is hoping to do with Xeno Crisis. And now, thanks to a new stretch goal milestone the games may be making it out to some current gen consoles as well — namely PC (via Steam) and the Nintendo Switch. For those who haven’t heard of the Kickstarter campaign, Xeno Crisis is an old-school, co-op top-down shooting game that draws inspiration from 80’s and 90’s titles like Contra and Shock Troopers. But that isn’t where the 80’s inspiration ends, because originally the game was only planned to release physically for Sega Mega Drive, Sega Genesis, or digital versions for emulators. The developer, Bitmap Bureau, aren’t novices to developing given they have developed 88 Heroes as well as Ninja Showdown. But the game has long since passed their original $27,000 goal, now hitting $77,910 (at the time of writing). And along with the influx of support, Bitmap Bureau has announced that the game may be coming to PC and Nintendo Switch, joining Sega Dreamcast. Yeah, you read that right: Sega Dreamcast. But the… Read full this story
- Meet the Nintendo Switch: Here's a preview of Nintendo's console for 2017
- The Outer Worlds Is Coming to the Nintendo Switch
- Win a Nintendo Switch console with Overwatch game and Switch case
- Nintendo Switch may feature virtual reality: Patent hints that the console could slot into a VR headset when in 'portable mode'
- Amazon Prime members can snag a Nintendo Switch Lite for $180 on Woot
- Best Nintendo Switch holiday deals for 2019: Switch V2 plus $30 in credits or Switch Lite for $194
- 'Final Fantasy VII' Is Officially Available On Nintendo Switch and Xbox One
- Leaker obtains alleged concept image of rumored Nintendo Switch mini console
- Nintendo Switch Online Adds 6 New SNES and NES Classic Games
- 'Diablo III' Nintendo Switch Rumors Claim Port is in Development
Xeno Crisis Smashes Stretch Goal, Opening Pre-orders for Nintendo Switch and PC have 339 words, post on www.dualshockers.com at January 6, 2018. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.