As it does with most of its big new releases, Microsoft is launching a limited-edition Xbox One controller for its swashbuckling pirate action/adventure game Sea of Thieves. The nice-looking controller has a deep purple translucent design, with a skull in the middle that glows in the dark. The gamepad also sports “laser-etched barnacles, while one of the triggers sports a golden colour.
Additionally, it comes with the “Ferryman Clothing Set” DLC, along with 14-day trials for Xbox Live Gold and Xbox Game Pass. It launches on February 6. This is of course the newer-model controller, so it has Bluetooth support for use with Windows 10 PC and tablets. In terms of consoles, it supports Xbox One, Xbox One S, and Xbox One X.
You can pre-order one here on Microsoft’s website.
The controller launches on February 6, which is more than a month before Sea of Thieves hits shelves on March 20 for Xbox One and PC. Developer Rare recently revealed more details about how the game’s progression system works. A beautiful Sea of Thieves art book from Dark Horse is also slated to release in early 2018.
- Football club owner helps Microsoft develop Xbox controller
- Body of tragic shooting teen propped up in chair ‘playing Xbox’ surrounded by his favourite snacks for bizarre memorial service
- Naval Standoff in South China Sea Signals Change in Sino-US Relations
- What is Brendan Cole’s net worth, when was his son born, who is his wife Zoe and why did he leave Strictly Come Dancing?
- Strictly Come Dancing announce three hot new dancers joining the show this year
- PS4, Xbox, Nintendo Switch GAMES: The BEST titles coming to your console in 2018
- State of Decay 2 Xbox One interview
- Sea of Thieves interview
- Sea of Thieves review
- Amazon Prime Day: Best video games, Xbox and gaming deals on Monday