FIVE years ago, the first premier shopping mall in Mindanao opened in Davao City.
SM Lanang Premier, the fourth SM in Mindanao and the 46th in the country, brought in a brand new mall experience with retail, dining, entertainment, and service innovations that raised the bar and changed the game.
“Since the beginning, SM Lanang Premier has always been geared towards giving Davao a shopping experience like no other,” said Engineer Mary Therese Lapena-Manalo, SM Lanang Premier mall manager.
She said that the mall transcended the business of retail in the city: it provided the needs of the community by offering a range of relevant services and products; it mounted events that brought together people for various business endeavors; and more importantly, it created closer ties among families and friends as they make memories together.
Lapena-Manalo has overseen mall operations since it opened to the public in September 28, 2012.
Describing the direction the mall is headed, she said that SM Lanang Premier will continue to be a catalyst in the local economy, increasing business of local and global brands alike, and sustaining operations for its growing patrons.
“SM Lanang Premier will be at the heart of Davao City as it continues to be at the center of Mindanao’s economic activities,” she said.
SM Lanang Premier brought in global brands in the city—and along with these came investment confidence from companies here and abroad.
The mall is home to SM Supermall staples: Toy Kingdom, Ace Hardware, Kultura, Uniqlo, Forever 21, SM Cinema (with an IMAX), SM Bowling Center, Sports Central, SM Supermarket, and The SM Store.
The SMX Convention Center Davao, which can accommodate up to 5,000 people, is also an integral facility of the mall. It has been host to a number of historic events, concerts and shows, and government functions since it opened: MICECON and a Dionne Warwick concert in 2013, the BIMP-EAGA Business Leaders’ Conference in 2014, a Boyce Avenue concert in 2015, the Sulong Pilipinas Business Consultancy Conference in 2016, the Ms. Universe – Mindanao Tapestry Fashion Show and the ASEAN Chairmanship Launch earlier this year.
SM Lanang Premier is also trailblazer in mounting various campaigns and events that convened business leaders, celebrities, beauty queens, artists, journalists, and industry pillars to celebrate tourism, arts and culture, and lifestyle. Among the noteworthy milestones in its timeline include the South x Mouth Food and Music Festival, fashion shows like Moda Mindanao, Christmas launchings with Disney and Sanrio, art exhibitions and fairs like that of Chan Lim’s and Metrobank’s, food pop-ups with the Davao Gourmet Collective, trade fairs like the Kadayawan Durian Festival, and world premieres of Disney and Marvel films.
The mall is also strategically located as a gateway to the city—near the Davao International Airport—and is directly connected to the Park Inn by Radisson Davao hotel.
Today, the mall continues to stand proud, bearing bright colors on all sides of its origami-inspired architecture. SM Lanang Premier keeps things fresh by bringing in brand new concepts and revamping key areas like the Sky Garden, the Northwing, and the upcoming Food Hall.
Sustainability and commitment to the environment also fuel SM Lanang Premier’s mall operations. Earlier this year, the mall was awarded a Lunhaw award for its sustainability program.
The mall was recognized for its permeable pavements and parking spaces. This feature minimizes rainwater runoff and allows rainwater to infiltrate underground; it also helps maintain a natural ecosystem by permitting grass to grow in the paver gaps.
The mall’s building is also designed to be energy efficient with its utilization of skylights, louvered shades, a rain catchment and a green air-conditioning system.
SM Lanang Premier will continue to stay as a strong retail and business player for the community in the years to come. (PR)
- Unlock Pune: AFMC an ‘SMS’ away from students back on campus
- USWNT star Sam Mewis excited for WSL debut with Man City
- The Man Who Wants To Fix Education’s Secrecy Problem
- Mulan marks an age of more accessible blockbusters -- just not for all blind fans
- Mulan marks an era of more accessible blockbusters -- just not for all blind fans
- Disney Plus: Every show, movie, original and surprise film still to come
- Coronavirus: Every symptom you need to be aware of including brain fog and stomach pain
- Mohit Malik: Playing the role of Dhruv in Lockdown Ki Love Story has been therapeutic for me
- Venice: Vanessa Kirby On The “Extremely Personal, Very Special” ‘Pieces Of A Woman’ & “Important, Beautifully Poetic” ‘The World To Come’
- Netflix’s Rachel Dolezal Documentary Comes Down Hard on Its Subject
- VIETNAM'S BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES SEPTEMBER 7
- ‘Anomalisa’: How the Year’s Best Animated Film Made Stop-Motion Feel Real
- Brecht’s Mercenary Mother Courage Turns 75
- Ford warns no-deal Brexit would be 'catastrophic' amid claims the car giant is preparing to shift production out of the UK
- Reopening Hollywood: You Can Bowl, Gamble & Work Up Gym Sweat, But No Moviegoing In NY: Desperate Theater Owners Beg For Mercy
- The rise of movies about boys with good playlists
- England's weary travellers face battle to be in fit state for Denmark
- Ozzy Osbourne’s son Jack recalls the rocker being invited to the White House: ‘It was a very proud moment’
SM Lanang Premier at 5: Meaningful mall experiences have 854 words, post on www.sunstar.com.ph at October 3, 2017. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.