Statistics from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development show that the country has paid US$2.2 billion for foreign animal feed and relevant material in the year to date. In the same period, local businesses have imported 4.91 million metric tons of corn for animal feed production. In 2016, Vietnam imported eight million metric tons of corn for the manufacturing of animal feed, while the total amount of corn produced domestically was only 5.3 million metric tons. The nation also purchases from foreign countries a large amount of soybean, wheat, bone powder, and vitamins for fodder production on a yearly basis. According to Pham Duc Binh, vice-chairman of the Vietnam Feed Association, domestic corn cannot compete with the cheap price of foreign produce, which sells only at VND4,400 (US$0.19) per kilogram. Vietnamese soybean has been suffering a similar fate, he added. “Many feed manufacturers in Vietnam have preferred imported corn thanks to low cost and higher quality,” Binh elaborated. The demand for overseas material in the prduction of fodder has ben increasing becasue of limited domestic supply, the director of a husbandry business said, adding that using affordable imported ingredients can… Read full this story
- Nestlé Vietnam hailed as top recruiter in Vietnam
- As Formula One Expands, Vietnam Becomes a New Destination
- Can We Trust Organic Food Imported From Other Countries?
- We're All Aware That Domestic Violence Is a Problem—Now What?
- Reddox calls on Giants to keep producing their European form
- Chrysler Super Bowl 2014 Ad Moves Away From Imported From Detroit Message
- How do I... Use the Windows Common Feed List to manage RSS feeds?
- Investing In Vietnam With Dragon Capital's Bill Stoops
- FinFisher spyware seen targeting victims in Vietnam, Ethiopia
- Not even good enough for dog food: Imported food from China loaded with chemicals, dyes, pesticides and fake ingredients
In Vietnam, imported feed material outdoes domestic produce have 304 words, post on english.vov.vn at September 20, 2017. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.