According to a new report from The Financial Times, Nintendo has issued an increase in production for Switch, and could now manufacture as many as 18 million units by the end of its financial year, aka by March 2018.
If the report is to be believed, the call to increase efforts is a measure to prevent “customer tantrums” that may (and have) occur during stock shortages. This is commonly a problem highlighted during the holiday season.
However, while this is the intention of Nintendo, it may not be as straight forward as saying “Hey, we would like more of those please,” as the newspaper notes that Nintendo’s efforts to up its manufacturing may be stumbled by a shortage of LCD screens.
This reported news comes on the back of Capcom’s reveal of its plan to bring Monster Hunter XX to Nintendo Switch sometime this summer, at least in Japan. This news, along with the console’s recent performance, has ushered in a new 9-year high in Nintendo’s stock, with many already claiming that Nintendo is back after its absence during the Wii U era. Notably, this announcement also saw Capcom’s stock rise to a six-year high.
In other recent and related news, Nintendo Switch was the best-selling console in Japan last week, an honor it has held each week since its launch and was the top-selling console in the US in April.
As you may know, to date Nintendo’s last console the Wii U has sold 13-14 million units to date. That being said, clearly, Nintendo is feeling quite confident in the Switch, despite its recent failures. Now, will the Switch do Wii numbers (over 100 million units sold to date) — probably not — but only time will tell. It’s sure off to a good start.
- Nintendo Switch sales nearly hit 20 million as software boosts profits
- Auto Sales Appear To Be Slowing Down, But Are Still On Track To Surpass 17 Million Units In US
- Bajaj Auto to ramp up production of Qute & 3-wheelers to 1 million units per year
- March 2018 U.S. Truck Sales: Springtime for Hauler
- Hero MotoCorp achieves landmark 7 million unit sales in FY17-18
- Thailand car sales to reach one million mark in 2018 for a five-year high, but slowdown is expected in 2019
- Plug-in electric car sales in Canada, March 2018: Prius Prime rivals Volt
- Maruti Suzuki trims down production by over 18% last month
- Study finds 9.2% drop in annual rate of opioid-overdose deaths from November 2017 to March 2018 in Ky., nearly 3% in U.S.
- Fiat Punto production ends in Europe; 257 units sold in India in 2018
- Bajaj's exports will touch 2 million units this year, says Rajiv Bajaj
- A Million Man March That Leaves 20 Years of Reflection
- U.S. auto sales expected to fall again in March
- Bugatti To Bring An $18 Million One-Off Hypercar To Geneva Show?
- Report: Trey Flowers May Command $18 Million Annual Salary In Free Agency
- Production of Peugeot 308 reaches one million units
- European vehicle sales at 4.13 million units in Q1 2019
- Nissan Juke production at Sunderland hits 1m units
- ActiBlizz Q1 2018 financial report: WoW is actually outperforming expectations – time for a fourth yacht or no?
- Proton-Geely cooperation targets production volume of 280,000 units
Report: Nintendo Ramps Up Switch Production; Now Expecting to Manufacture 18 Million Units by March 2018 have 542 words, post on www.dualshockers.com at May 29, 2017. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.