- Nintendo Announces Financial Results; Updates on Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, ARMS and Zelda Shipments
- ‘Mario Kart 8’ (WiiU) Gets Bundled, Includes Free Game – Screens & Trailer
- Nintendo Switch Games: ‘Mario Kart 8 Deluxe’ Releases On April 28 With New Features, More Content
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Version 1.2 Patch is Live Now; Further Balances the Online Component of the Game
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe shortcuts
Mostly upgrades for online play
Typically when Nintendo patches something, they’re trying to eliminate vulnerabilities or add that sweet sweet “stability” into the mix (which is usually code for “we got rid of more vulnerabilities”). Today with update 1.1 for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, we got a little something more.
As revealed by Nintendo, Deluxe‘s patch adds some smaller quality of life changes for online play (seeing opponent’s names in the rear view mirror), a better spectator system, matchmaking alterations, a lobby fix, and of course that now famous Inkling Girl animation.
It’s probably not going to sell any units on its own, but 1.1 is a decent improvement for anyone who messes around online with friends. I hope Nintendo continues to add to Deluxe in multiple ways, from other patches to full-on DLC — I’d love to see some more themed tracks (maybe we’ll get an ARMS cup?).
Ver 1.1 [Nintendo]
- Opponents’ names are displayed in the rear view mirror view in online matches.
- Invincibility period after a spin-out or crash is longer in online matches.
- Up to two players can spectate a friend group while they wait to join.
- “Worldwide” and “Regional” modes add players to Mirror and 200cc matches less often.
- Can now properly create a friend lobby when you have 100 or more friends.
- Inkling Girl’s animation has been adjusted.
- Starting positions in online races now properly reflect the order in which players join.
- Driver Miis now properly showing facial expressions.
- Tournament clock now properly reflects real-world time.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe gets a semi-substantial patch have 254 words, post on www.destructoid.com at 2017-05-19 15:37:38. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.