ANDREA McLean has revealed the reason why the entire Loose Women panel didn’t take part in their empowering underwear shoot.
Viewers criticised Ruth Langsford for being absent from the body image campaign that features telly stars including Katie Price, Saira Khan and Coleen Nolan.
During a live interview on Dan Wootton’s Facebook page with fellow Loose Women stars Janet Street-Porter and Linda Robson, Andrea explained not everyone was free to take part.
She said: “It is really straightforward. We were not chosen, we were all asked if we wanted to be involved but not everyone was available on the day.”
Linda added: “Ruth was probably doing This Morning on that day – and that’s why she wasn’t there but all of the Loose Women stars were asked.
Andrea continued: “Just because we are saying feel confident with your body doesn’t mean we all have to get involved and do it – it is something you can quietly feel to yourself, not everybody wanted to do it and we love that.”
Janet touched upon other theories around the positioning of the Loose Woman stars in the photo, which was shot by Bryan Adams.
She said: “Don’t read anything into the line-up and who’s standing next to who – that’s another thing.”
Andrea added: “We were all moving around all the time.”
Janet revealed she found the entire experience “traumatic”.
She confessed: “The reason for doing it was a really, really good one but the experience was a bit traumatic because it’s not something I would have ordinarily done.
“When you’re on the beach you have a load of people who are different shapes and sizes and they don’t always know who you are especially if you’re in another continent or somewhere abroad and then suddenly you’re in a room with people you know.”
Meanwhile Andrea admitted her favourite memory from the shoot was when it was all over.
Janet agreed: “Getting in the cab to go home. But the result was 100 per cent positive.
“There has been only one negative comment from a cross man who said I voted for Brexit, I don’t know what that has to do with me in my pants.”
Despite being nervous to strip off for the campaign, Janet admitted she actually liked her body before taking part in the revealing shoot.
She said: “I didn’t think there was a lot wrong with my body, I just didn’t know if I wanted to share it with so many people.”
- Loose Women star Andrea McLean reveals exciting news - and fans are delighted!
- Andrea McLean reveals she had secret breakdown last year and her recovery has helped her cope in lockdown
- Nadia Sawalha reveals worries about returning to Loose Women on Monday
- Loose Women will RETURN to ITV with two live shows a week from May after six week absence.... but only three panellists will be allowed in the studio
- Ruth Langsford showered with compliments as she makes candid confession about lockdown appearance
- Loose Women RETURNS with new live show as panellists use Saturday Night Takeaway's huge studio to ensure they can maintain social distancing while filming
- Ruth Langsford left fuming as husband Eamonn Holmes suggests she ‘take some tips’ from Trinny’s skimpy workout gear
- Loose Women star Ruth Langsford reveals new edgy hair transformation - and fans react
- Loose Women make major announcement following cancellation amid COVID-19
- Loose Women star Ruth Langsford reveals stylish artwork inside her home in Surrey
- Ruth Langsford shares glimpse of lavish hallway with spiral staircase inside Surrey home
- Ruth Langsford and Eamonn Holmes: A week at home in lockdown
- Loose Women’s Linda Robson, Andrea McLean and Brenda Edwards rehearse in the studio as show returns after six weeks
- Denise Welch, 60, reveals two stone weight loss in bikini photo
- 'In my head I looked so sexy': Stacey Solomon channels her inner Rihanna as she splashes in puddles for impromptu Umbrella music video
- Coronavirus in Sport LIVE: Premier League return LATEST, Barcelona forced into firesale, Dybala tests positive again
- All of the Ways TV Has Tackled Time Travel, From
- Coronavirus and sports: What happened in March 2020?
- Oasis’ feud with Blur began when ‘Damon Albarn slept with Liam Gallagher’s lover’
- Coronavirus live updates: White House considers more aid for cities and states
Loose Women’s Andrea McLean reveals why Ruth Langsford chose not to join her co-stars in their naked photoshoot for body campaign have 709 words, post on www.thesun.ie at May 2, 2017. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.