K-pop star Rain will be making his comeback movie in five years.
The singer and actor will star in the film “Uhm Bok-dong,” about Uhm Bok-dong, a cycling athlete who was born in 1892 during the Kingdom of Joseon in South Korea and is considered a national hero.
Uhm had won many races. In 1920, during the Japanese occupation of Korea, he joined a cycling marathon, where he had an edge over Japanese competitors.
The bike he used has been designated as a cultural property by the Korean government.
Rain’s co-stars in the film are actresses Kang Sora, Min Hyorin and Park Jin-joo.
Actor Lee Beom-soo, who will also appear in the movie, will be producing the film that is estimated to have a production cost of 10 billion won (P434 million). The filming starts this month.
Rain’s last Korean film was “R2B: Return To Base” that was released in 2012. It was his last film before enlisting in the army.
He is set to do fan meetings in Japan on April 27 and 29, and May 5.
- Every Studio Ghibli film – ranked!
- Pamela Anderson's secret fifth wedding! Baywatch star, 52, marries movie producer Jon Peters, 74, in Malibu ceremony 30 years after they first dated
- Nina Raine To Pen ‘Tender Is The Night’ Limited Series Adaptation For Hulu
- The Crown series four: Emma Corrin transforms into Princess Diana to film wedding rehearsal scenes at Winchester Cathedral
- ‘The 40-Year-Old Version’s Radha Blank Is No Flash In The Pan: Sundance Q&A
- Maggie Rogers radiates star power at the Grammy Awards in a sparkling black tulle Chanel dress
- Tyler, the Creator wins his first Grammy 10 years after prophetically predicting he would on Twitter as he brings his mother on stage
- Kristen Stewart puts her own stamp on New Wave icon Jean Seberg in portrait of the star's tormented descent
- May the warmth be with you: Hard-core fans brave the rain and cold to queue up for tonight's London premiere of Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker
- Lil Nas X and Dua Lipa make it rain over twerking bikini-clad dancers as Lizzo hosts a strip club party
- Laurence Fox apologies to Sikhs for ‘being clumsy’ after wrongly questioning turban-wearing soldier in WW1 film 1917
- Rachel Weisz admits she's a clown trapped in the body of a movie star
- "Vertigo" tops "Kane" in critics' poll of greatest films
- Grammy nominees Billie Eilish, Lil Nas X and Lizzo are among the stars performing at this year's show
- If We’re Going to Cast Movie Stars in Musicals, It’s Time to Bring Back Dubbing
- Kate Beckinsale makes a bleary-eyed exit after partying the night away with group of pals at star-studded pre-Grammy party
- 'Tonight is for Kobe': Lizzo opens Grammy Awards by dedicating show to late NBA star while 'heartbroken' host Alicia Keys moves the audience to tears with tribute song
- Grammy Awards 2020: Jessie J flashes her eye-popping abs in just a bralet and sexy suit as she joins beau Channing Tatum in leading the stars at Republic Records after-party
- The Observer's books of the year
- U.S. Air Force Player of the Year: Dano Graves
Rain to star in first film in five years have 527 words, post on entertainment.mb.com.ph at April 17, 2017. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.