Digiworld expands to functional food business
HCMC – Digiworld Corporation will distribute functional food from June beside mobile phones, computers and office equipment, said Doan Hong Viet, CEO and chairman of Digiworld.
If the distribution of this new product succeeds, Digiworld will develop the market and trade in more new items, Viet added.
Digiworld intends to invest about VND40 billion (US$1.76 million) in the distribution expansion using the available management resources, operating software and warehouses of the distribution system of IT products and mobile phones. This healthcare product will also be distributed through pharmacies.
After conducting a market and product research, Digiworld recognizes the increasing demand for healthcare products, Viet said. According to statistics of the World Bank and market research companies Frost & Sullivan in the U.S. and BMI in the UK, the total cost of healthcare in Vietnam is US$13 billion in 2015 and is expected to increase to US$24 billion by 2020, up 13.4% annually.
Digiworld expects the new product will contribute VND80 billion to the company’s total revenue this year, and hopes it can have profit from the new business by 2018.
The corporation also expects its total revenue to reach about VND3,900 billion with key products being mobile phones, computers and digital equipment, up 2% over last year, and earn after-tax profit of about VND75 billion, up 12%.
- Playing Catch-Up With Walmart, Amazon Offers Digital Grocery Pickup at Whole Foods
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 29
- VIETNAM BUSINESS NEWS HEADLINES OCTOBER 30
- 20 Exciting Business Ideas that you can Start for 10k or Less
- Why Whole Foods Hasn’t Satisfied Amazon’s Grocery Appetite
- Amazon to Buy PillPack, Jumping Into the Drug Business
- Amazon reportedly planning major Whole Foods expansion with Prime Now delivery
- Foreign investors pour money into food processing, drinks industry
- How halal meat became big business
- Amazon invests in Deliveroo food courier
- Amazon to Invest in Deliveroo, a Rival to Uber in Food Delivery
- Food & Hotel expo to take place in Hanoi next month
- Dublin’s fledgling food start-ups encouraged to join free online course
- Unilever buys meat-free food company The Vegetarian Butcher
- On the Complexity of Business Travel
- Emerging Business And Corporate Communication Trends For 2019
- Sunrun Gives Tesla a Fight in the Home Solar Business
- What are the Benefits of Discount Sites for Business
- The Art of the Business Vacation
- PMI: Scottish business activity grows but at weaker pace
Digiworld expands to functional food business have 377 words, post on at April 13, 2017. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.