VietNamNet Bridge – A couple and their two children aged nine and three were killed yesterday after their house in Binh Duong Province’s Thu Dau Mot City caught fire early in the morning.
A house caught fire in Binh Duong Province’s Thu Dau Mot City yesterday, killing a young couple and their two children.
The victims were Ho Hong Diep, 39, his wife Doan Thi Phi Yen, 33, and their two children Ho Gia Bao and Ho Bao Chau.
Colonel Le Anh Viet, Deputy Director of the province’s fire fighting department, said they received information at about 1am about a fire in a house on Phu Hoa Ward’s 30-4 Street.
A command vehicle, four fire engines and 39 firefighters were rushed to the site. By 1.20am, the fire was extinguished completely.
The fire destroyed about 20sq.m of the 80sq.m house. It was tightly locked when the fire broke out, and the family members were trapped and unable to escape, Viet said.
Permanent Deputy Prime Minister Truong Hoa Binh yesterday afternoon directed local authorities to investigate the fire thoroughly and provide timely support to the families of the dead.
Chairman of the Thu Dau Mot City’s People’s Committee, Nguyen Van Dong, said a delegation had visited and conveyed condolences to the victims’ families.
An ex gratia payment of VND58 million (nearly US$2,600) has been provided to immediate relatives, he said. Local authorities also helped the victims’ family with burial procedures.
The police have said a short-circuit might have started the fire, which occurred when the victims were sleeping. Since it occurred in a small area, the victims might have died of smoke inhalation.
Director of the provincial fire fighting department, Colonel Nguyen Van Son, said they were working with concerned agencies and a special team sent by the Ministry of Public Security to investigate the fire.
- Fire damages basement of house in Chesterville; two cats perish
- Submission: Prop. 10 would prevent housing prices from rising above what students can afford
- Carthage homeowner burned, pets perish in early morning fire
- Public Invited to Schaumburg's Public Safety Open House on Oct. 6
- Hurricane Maria Took Almost Everything From Them. Now These Families Fear A Future Storm.
- Wife, daughter of HPD lieutenant perish in Kaimuki fire
- Looking for scary or family-friendly Halloween events on the Coast? Here’s a full schedule.
- Family walking to remember child lost to house fire
- Fall festivals in NJ: South Jersey plans events with pumpkins, family fun
- House of Health: Parents inspired Fairfield Twp. gym's family atmosphere
- West Point family leaves a lasting Halloween legacy with annual pumpkin walk in Syracuse
- Carthage man recovering at a Portland hospital from burns received in a house fire
- Halloween 2018 events for families in Vermont
- Trump and first lady visit Pennsylvania to honor victims of synagogue shooting — live updates
- Trump and first lady visit Pittsburgh to honor victims of synagogue shooting — live updates
- Boone County road renamed for Medal of Honor winner
- Preaching to the converted: Say Goodnight and Go
- Shelter releases holiday ‘wish list’
- Day of the Dead takes over National Museum of Mexican Art in Pilsen
- Carolyn Hax: Grieving husband takes out anger on 5-year-old son
Family perishes in Binh Duong house fire have 538 words, post on at February 26, 2017. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.