By Robert Requintana
A Filipino-owned social site that calls for Filipinos to be more proactive in nation-building has been launched in Quezon City.
Called TayoNa!, the site tries to capture the Filipinos’ interest by having “selfie,” “groupie” and other themed photo contests.
Members can also enjoy for free the usual features of social sites such as chatting, video and photo upload, wall postings, etc.
“TayoNa.ph is used to support noble causes such as regular and sustained scholarship program with the ‘Selfie For A Cause’ campaign or salute to Filipino workers (local and overseas) using the ‘Sipag Pinoy’ campaign,” said Arthur C. Corpuz, chairman and CEO of Tayona Inc. during a press conference.
Corpuz said the site’s basic feature is e-gift giving or sharing, where the gift giver automatically receives “Wish Gems” that can be used to “wish for prizes such as educational assistance,” plane ticket, gadgets, etc. At the same time, the gift recipient gets automatically credited with “points” that can be used to send eGifts in order to earn Wish Gems.
Corpuz said the site was created to help inculcate to Filipinos their duty of nation-building. “Everybody should contribute for better Philippines.”
He added: “TayoNa.ph costs nothing and provides benefits for yourself, your family and community all for free.”
Research showed as of 2016, there are at least 44 million Filipino internet users spending an average of six hours per day on the internet.
“If at least 10 percent or 4.4 million of them embrace the foundation spirit of TayoNa, that will make it easier to accomplish the mission,” Corpuz said.
- New dash cam footage portal launched to help curb car crime
- Danish dating site launches for singles wanting children
- Clickety click! Online bingo site launches new social media accounts
- New site launched to help you find old friends
- New study to identify sites in Hull for northern park and ride
- A third of new builds are greenfield sites
- New social group launches for older people in Hemel
- Free social sessions launch at Care for Veterans
- Whitley Bay set to get new post office after residents launch campaign
- Have your say on plans for ‘new village’ on greenfield site
- Pegas opens a new store in Constanta and launches franchise system
- New offices for cleaning company launched by Rushden mum
- A new Institute of Coding has launched to improve UK's digital skills
- New Bo’ness social rent homes offer ‘green’ benefits
- Who is Poldark’s horse Seamus, does Aidan Turner really ride him and does he have his own social media account?
- New council-owned development company to be created to tackle housing crisis in Northampton
- Cherry tree planted to mark new beginnings for garden site
- Lancashire's new campaign for WW1 soldiers launched
- Here are 8 new shows Shonda Rhimes is launching at Netflix
- Paddy Power's FanDuel to use Gan software for US betting site
New PH-owned social site launched have 475 words, post on technology.mb.com.ph at November 26, 2016. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.