The Fedora Project has officially released its new operating system in the market. The open source software Fedora 25 is now available for users to download.
Fedora 25 is the latest operating system based on Linux kernel developed by The Fedora Project community. The software is distributed under a free and open-source license, unlike the Microsoft Windows OS and Mac OS.
The Fedora 25 OS has three editions depending on the specific use. The three editions are the Fedora 25 Atomic Host, Fedora 25 Server and Fedora 25 Workstation. According to Fedora Magazine, the three editions are built with a common set of base packages under the foundation of the Fedora operating system.
The release of Fedora 25 comes with bug fixes, tweaks and enhanced packages which include Docker 1.12, Node.js 6.9.1, Rust support, PHP 7, and multiple Phyton versions. The software features Wayland display severs by default. Wayland display server will be replacing the X11 system after years of development, Softpedia reported.
In addition, Fedora 25 sports GNOME 3.22 that is capable of multiple file renaming. The GNOME 3.22 has also redesigned keyboard settings tool and some improvements in user interface. Also, Fedora 25 has included MP3 media format decoding support.
Fedora 25 is easy to install if the computers will be from Windows and OS X. The Fedora Project team has created Fedora Media Writer that will serve as a default download under Windows and OS X. The Fedora Media Writer tool will help prospect Fedora 25 users to download the latest software and have it written on a removable drive, like the USB stick. From the USB, users who downloaded the OS can test it first before installing the live software.
Meanwhile, it will be hard for Windows OS or Mac OS users to fully convert themselves and try the Linux-based OS like Fedora 25. Despite its promising features, popular programs and games that Windows OS and Mac OS enjoy are still difficult to install or does not support Linux. However, the confirmed partnership of Microsoft and Linux Foundation is a big step for any possibility.
- Microsoft starts testing its new Cortana app as part of its latest Windows 10 20H1 Fast Ring build
- Windows 10 April 2020 update: Everything you need to know
- Revamped Windows 10 Start Menu could replace Live Tiles
- Windows 10 could get a new Start menu as Microsoft kills off one of its most useless features
- Buy Windows 10: the cheapest prices in March 2020
- How to Install a Windows 10 VirtualBox VM on macOS
- Windows 10 won’t run games with SecuROM DRM, says Microsoft
- Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Lots of small changes—and maybe the revolution
- Windows 10’s New Start Menu May Kill Live Tiles Forever
- Xbox Series X Specs News Update: Speed, SSD, Smart Delivery, And More Detailed
- Xbox Series X Specs News Update: Smart Delivery, Speed, SSD, And More Detailed
- Xbox Series X Specs News Update: Smart Delivery, TFLOPS, SSD, And More Detailed
- Xbox Series X Specs News Update: Smart Delivery, Backwards Compatibility, And More Detailed
- James O’Keefe Takes Victory Lap on ABC News Sting, but His Favorite Media Sage Isn’t Celebrating: ‘Good Grief’
- Apocalypse in New Orleans
- Amazon sale: TVs from Samsung, LG, Xiaomi and others available at up to Rs 53,000 discount
- What You Need to Know About the New Microsoft Edge Browser
- Microsoft rolls out previews of Chromium-based Edge for Windows 7, 8 and 8.1
- Three MORE patients test positive for coronavirus after returning from infection hotspots: New cases in Gloucestershire, Berkshire and Hertfordshire bring UK total to 23 as Government ramps up response and tests pass 10,000 mark
- Android 11 release date and what we know about the upcoming OS upgrade
Fedora 25 News & Update: New Linux Based Operating Sytem Available Now; Is This Windows 10, Mac OS Killer? have 571 words, post on www.gamenguide.com at November 24, 2016. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.