DAVID SULLIVAN has warned Europe’s big guns Dimitri Payet will cost them £100MILLION.
Les Bleus playmaker Payet, 29, was Player of the Tournament at Euro 2016. But Sullivan said: “Am I worried about losing him? No, because he’s under contract.
“There might be six weeks of silliness when he bangs the table. But just because a big club wants him, tough luck.
“He signed a contract and you take the rough and smooth of a contract.
“Sometimes clubs have got to be tough and stand up and say ‘he’s contracted to us, he’s our player’.
“Just because he can get more money somewhere else he expects us to sell him.
“Well, we’re not selling him unless someone wants to break the world transfer record and then we might consider it!
“Even at his age he must be worth £100m.”
Payet joined West Ham from Marseille in a £10.7m switch last summer and signed a new five and a half year deal worth £125,000 a week with the East End club in February.
Payet – who does not have a release clause in his contract – has been linked with a £40m switch to Real Madrid.
But Sullivan – whose flick The Hatton Garden Job is due to be released in December – said: “We’re not going to stand for it. He’s a fantastic player.
“We’ve given him a new contract.
“If he’s still doing what he’s doing now at Christmas or the end of the season we might give him another new contract.
“But he’s only just signed a new contract four months ago and I don’t see that three games for France entitles him to another new contract after four months.”
The Hammers yesterday signed Turkish winger Gokhan Tore on a season-long loan from Besiktas.
- Rumour Has It: Real Madrid battle Premier League giants for Alaba, Chelsea eye Upamecano
- Kabak, Mandzukic, Odegaard - Five cost effective winter signings in 2020-21
- Transfer news LIVE: Messi future LATEST, Man City and PSG circling, Mustafi’s Schalke move – latest updates
- Sporting families: Lampard, Mayweather and Oxlade-Chamberlain – sons that outshone their dad in sport
- Ten most amazing transfer offers that were rejected including Lionel Messi to Inter Milan and Luis Suarez to Arsenal
- 9.45am Chelsea transfer news LIVE: Alaba LATEST, Rudiger denies betraying Lampard, Tuchel clause, Sheffield Utd build-up
- Sacked Chelsea bosses and what they did next, from Jose Mourinho managing rivals Spurs to Gus Hiddink in Curacao
- Transfer news LIVE: Minamino JOINS Southampton, Kabak & Davies to Liverpool, Mustafi’s Schalke move – Deadline Day
- FMIA: Spotlight Shines On Tampa Defense Ahead Of Super Bowl LV; Inside The Rams-Lions QB Swap
- FMIA—Driving The 101 With Sean McVay: On Texting Belichick, Trusting Goff and the Plan for Super Bowl 53
Dimitri Payet to Real Madrid: La Liga giants told to cough up £100m for West Ham star after stunning Euro 2016 campaign have 477 words, post on www.thesun.co.uk at July 11, 2016. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.