The days of the VHS tape may be officially gone forever, but those with a hankering for the early ’90s have something to look forward to yet: Crystal Pepsi is coming back, and the company is hiring some of the top stars of the era to celebrate it, according to Billboard.
The soft drink maker will throw a party to celebrate the rerelease of its clear-looking version of the brand’s flagship beverage — which hasn’t been available on store shelves in 23 years — by hosting a minifestival featuring Salt-N-Pepa, En Vogue, Biz Markie, and Lisa Loeb.
Billed as the Summer of ‘92 Concert, the party will mark the official relaunch of the nostalgia-steeped soft drink, which was crafted again after an outpouring of fans requested it be remade during a social media campaign last year.
“We’re not just trying to bring the product back, we’re trying to bring the ’90s experience back. It felt like the stars were aligned with Pepsi with this one,” said Pepsi Marketing Director Lina Lagos of the event. “We happen to have a very authentic connection to the ’90s with this quirky, iconic brand.”
Beyond the throwback tunes and presumably bucket-loads of free, fizzy clear liquid, the party will feature a video game arcade, a ’90s-themed “cut & style salon,” and a tetherball court.
Given the serious amount of nostalgia for the early 1990s floating around these days, it’s difficult to imagine this concert will be a hard sell to younger consumers — even if the majority of the millennial generation may have still been in diapers when the four headliners were banging out hits left and right.
The event will take place on August 9 at Terminal 5 in New York City, with tickets going on sale Wednesday. For more information, would-be attendees can check out Pepsi’s ’90s-themed website, which looks like something one might have made at home during the peak early-internet era.
- Pokemon Go Fest is like reliving the summer it launched, and proves it has plenty of life in it yet
- Premier League Mornings Fan Fest heads to Austin
- The Movie Review: 'Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull'
- Barcelona’s BCN Film Fest to Go Live in Late June
- Summer nostalgia: For the love of pickles and ‘vadiyaalu’
- Enrique Bunbury Rejects Rock Nostalgia in Forward-Thinking New Album, ‘Posible’
- Inside Crystal Ball and Confidence Points: LB Mason Tufaga
- Buckle Up and Check Out the Cast of
- Blood in the Gutters, 127 Takes and the Twins Then and Now: 40 Haunting Secrets About
- Here's Something to Cheer For: See the Cast of
- Why tough Blake Lively is let down by her own movie
- Topping the end of the world - where do action movies go when the apocalypse is worn out?
- Cloverfield, Annihilation, and Mute: Do Netflix’s big name movies make it a real Hollywood rival, or is it all just expensive smoke and mirrors?
- Dance, Magic, Dance Because
- The original designer tells us how the Uncharted series evolved, and how he evolved with it...
- The making of Star Wars Episode 1: Racer – How a sneak peek at prototype podracers inspired this memorable Star Wars racing game
- Derry Girls: criminally underrated Irish sitcom fuses hilarity with political heft
- National Acts Headline Arts, Beats and Eats Street Festival
- Seawater Can be Used for Shielding Radiation from Fires
- Mexican rave: the 10 best tequila cocktails – chosen by experts
Crystal Pepsi to relaunch with a nostalgia-driven fest featuring Salt-N-Pepa, others have 597 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at July 27, 2016. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.