She is joined by The Duke of Edinburgh and her four children and eight grandchildren for the special service to mark her milestone year which is broadcast live on the BBC.
As thousands of well-wishers gather to cheer the Queen’s arrival outside St Paul’s Cathedral, Prince Philip took a back seat in the birthday celebrations during the service dedicated to his wife.
A total of 53 members of the extended Royal Family packed into the 18th century Cathedral for the service, which was also attended by dignitaries from around the world and Brits representing public service.
The royals, including Kate, William and Harry , arrived at St Paul’s from 10.4am at the foot of the West Steps where they were greeted by the Lord Mayor, the Archbishop of Canterbury and the Bishop of London before taking their seats.
Sitting in the front row, Kate looked serene in a pale blue Catherine Walker coat and cream Jane Taylor hat.
The Queen, wearing primrose yellow Angela Kelly coat with a matching dress and hat, arrived later in a limousine which was said to be 10 minutes late after getting stuck in heavy city centre traffic.
Along with her Prince Philip, she proceeded down the aisle of the Cathedral as the congregation sang ‘O worship the Lord in beauty of holiness’.
During the service Sir David Attenborough , 90, will read a reflection
There will also be a New Testament reading by David Cameron from Luke
The Queen is head of the Church of England and her faith is extremely
Precentor of St Paul’s Cathedral, The Revd Canon Michael Hampel, who
“So there are some wonderful traditional moments…but towards then
“The first is the new anthem by Judith Weir, her master of the Queen’s music.
“The second is a piece of writing by the wonderful Michael Bond, the
He said the third treat was the BBC young musician of 2014 playing a piece.
Following the service The Queen will host visiting Governors General Buckingham Palace while William and Kate host guests from
The service marks the start of a weekend of birthday celebrations to mark her 90th.
A Patron’s Lunch street party for 10,000 revellers will be staged in The Mall on Sunday attended by the Queen and senior royals.
Tomorrow will be The Queen’s official birthday parade Trooping the
- Prince Philip Leaves Hospital After Planned Hip Surgery
- Prince Philip 'in Good Spirits' After Planned Hip Replacement: Palace
- Prince Philip Flips His SUV in Crash, Police Give Him Breathalyzer Test
- Prince Philip Car Accident Victim Suggests Cover-Up, Police Push Back
- Prince Philip Car Accident Victim Suggests Cover-Up
- Prince Philip Not Injured After Crashing Car Near Sandringham Estate
- Prince Philip Gets New Land Rover After Crash, Contacts Accident Victims
- Prince Philip Wears Seat Belt and Tells Accident Victim He's Sorry
- 97 Year Old Prince Philip Surrenders License After Rolling Land Rover
- 97 Year Old Prince Philip Surrenders License After Crashing Land Rover
- Britain's Prince Philip in Hospital for Planned Hip Surgery
- Prince Charles birthday: How Charles will spend birthday far away from Royal Family
- British Royal Family Concerned After Queen Elizabeth II Beheads 7 Tourists
- It's [email protected]: How Prince William and Kate Middleton have reached 10million followers on Instagram - leaving the rest of the royal family, including Harry and Meghan Markle, trailing behind
- Prince Philip marks 98th birthday in private
- Princess Eugenie's Royal Wedding Brings Out Big Celebs and Great Booze
- Queen Elizabeth II Announces She's Pregnant Again
- One is amused! RICHARD KAY reveals how Mike Tindall has always been the royal joker after he had the Queen in stitches at Ascot
- Prince William Tours Jerusalem on Final Day of Royal Visit
- One's in colour! Queen Victoria is brought to life in incredible colourised footage as a young Queen Elizabeth and Princess Margaret transform from black and white in front of viewers' eyes in a new documentary
Royal Family gather for service celebrating Queen's 90th - despite Prince Philip turning 95 today have 704 words, post on www.mirror.co.uk at June 10, 2016. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.