I haven’t driven my dirtbike in a very long time, and I almost never drove it in the rain or on wet roads. But sometimes you get caught in the weather, and highway speed become extremely dangerous. Luckily the two riders managed to keep each other safe in this clip after a major wipe out in the wet.
In the video below, which may have been originally posted to this Reddit thread and since deleted, I have no idea whether the riders were speeding, whether they are friends or partners, or how they ended up caught on a very, very wet road.
What I do know is their instant reaction to hold on to each other while sliding across the road at what appear to be highway speeds is a great example of human reflexes, and also kind of super adorable.
Again, I have no clue who these people are, where they are, or the legality of their actions. It looks to me that they may have been going too fast for the conditions. Add in a possibility for oil or something else on the road, and the result is a very fast, very dangerous slip’n’slide.
They appear to be okay, with maybe a few bumps and bruises, and the worst being something broken or a concussion. The girl’s helmet doesn’t appear to fit very well, but they otherwise look decently clothed. The hard hit at the end makes me cringe, but I think it was just the guy backing into the road barrier, shielding the girl from the impact.
Again, when conditions are that nasty, take extra precaution. The reflexes and luck of these two isn’t universal, and you never know what variables you’ll face out on the road; car, motorcycle, or whatever vehicle of choice.
Stay safe out there, kids.
- Passenger, 23, survives being impaled on a wooden post that pierced his chest and moved his heart in high-speed crash - damaging his ribs, lung bowel and kidney
- Tesla shows off the high-speed crash tests performed in its lab
- Europe faces China, Japan in high-speed rail battle in Asia
- Game of Drones: The incredible high-speed drone racing taking over abandoned warehouses and carparks – with winners reaching up to 150km/h
- Brand new Azuma bullet train crashes into the back of another engine in a low-speed crash causing chaos for commuters in Yorkshire
- Driver crashes into pond after high-speed chase in west Houston
- At least 9 dead, dozens injured in high-speed train accident in Ankara
- Watch Ford Mustang Shelby GT350 Crash On The Nürburgring
- High-speed Esses, a spoon curve: What makes Suzuka Racing Course an F1 favourite
- High-speed internet shortage a big concern in rural Nebraska
- Injured woman, 74, spins wildly at high speed in helicopter rescue basket
- California high-speed rail board member under investigation for potential conflict
- High-speed Euro train gets green boost from two miles of solar panels
- Air Pollution: Centre To Hold High-Level Meeting Today On Rising Pollution Levels In Delhi-NCR
- Quick-thinking dad risks his life by driving his SUV into the path of a runaway car driven by a teen and heading for pedestrians during a high-speed police chase
- Man allegedly caught speeding 40km/h over limit on Augusta Highway in state’s Mid North
- Death toll in Danish train crash rises to eight as five women and three men are confirmed to have been killed
- Speeding drivers raced each other for four miles in their Mercedes and BMW at up to 100mph before one crashed and killed a father travelling home from his son's university graduation, court hears
- 'We had to climb over dead people’: Danish rail crash survivor describes terrifying scene after ‘beer crates fell from Carlsberg freight train’ and hit passenger train, killing six people
- 1,800-HP Porsche 911 Turbo Too Fast For Runway, Crashes At 90 MPH
Watch These Motorcyclists Hold On To Each Other During A High Speed Crash have 623 words, post on jalopnik.com at April 20, 2016. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.