A Kansas mom of five who had just given birth to triplets died minutes after she arrived home from the hospital.
Casi Rott, 36, was briefly reunited with her two older daughters at the family’s rural farm — which she hadn’t seen in months because she stayed with family closer to the hospital toward the end of her high-risk pregnancy — on Feb. 8.
“That day was the happiest I’d ever seen her,” her husband, Joey, told the Kansas City Star of the reunion.
But just after she walked through the door, she started having severe chest pains, brought on by a blood clot. She died as her husband frantically drove her back to the hospital.
Family, friends, neighbors and perfect strangers have rallied around Joey Rott and his five kids, 7-year-old Chloe, 2-year-old Tenley and newborn triplets Levi, Asher and Piper. An online fundraiser for the Rott family quickly surpassed its $10,000 goal, clocking in at nearly $85,000 Tuesday morning.
Casi Rott moved to in with her brother-in-law’s family in Wichita in November for the third trimester of her pregnancy. But being so close to her doctors meant being nearly 130 miles away from her daughters, husband and family home in Clay Center.
“She hated being away from them, but she didn’t want anything to go wrong,” friend Jamie Reed told the newspaper. “She said this pregnancy was the hardest thing she’d ever done. But that’s all she said — she never complained.”
She gave birth to premature but healthy triplets on Jan. 29.
A few days later, while recovering from her C-section in the hospital, Casi Rott developed a blood clot in her lungs. It was treated with medication, and she was released on Feb. 8. While the triplets had to stay in the hospital, she was eager to get home and see her two older daughters, Joey Rott said.
“I’m glad she got to see the girls that day,” Reed said. “And she got to see her house and her orchard and her chickens. She loved that place.”
The triplets were released from the hospital later, and Joey Rott, still mourning the death of his beloved wife, has relied on help from his family and neighbors as he juggles taking care of the kids and holding down his job in IT.
The 33-year-old dad said he plans to raise his family in the sprawling farm his wife loved so much. And one day, he’ll tell the triplets about their mother.
“I’ll tell them what she did for them,” he said. “I’ll tell them that she got to hold them and that she wishes she were here.”
- Chloe Lewis gives birth to first baby with partner Danny Flasher after losing twin in womb
- A Texas mom gave birth to triplets right after she beat Covid-19
- Teen Mom Kailyn Lowry’s fans believe she’s given birth to fourth child after son Lux is pictured holding newborn baby
- Mary Kay Letourneau dies at 58 in hospital after battle with cancer while being cared for by her former husband who she was convicted of raping when he was 12 and she was his teacher
- I'm dying to meet the Duchess! Pregnant Kate views 'Drowned Man' sculpture on tour of art gallery in Margate
- Boss who nearly died carrying colleague's surrogate baby says it was worth it
- For trans people, the birth certificate battle is a fight against discrimination
- Our son died at 4 days old from a silent killer that I passed on in childbirth – an £11 test could’ve saved him
- Teachers Are Feeling The Pressure To Be “The Glue That Holds Society Together”
- FMIA: Tour Of Vikings Complex Gives Insight Into NFL’s New Normal In ’20
- I thought my husband was the lucky one for dying: Victoria lost her daughter, partner and her leg in a speedboat tragedy that appalled Britain. In this shattering interview, she lays bare her heartbreak - and anger
- Lovingly cradled by Princess Diana as he clung to life: Baby boy who was desperately ill with a dangerously fast heartbeat speaks for the first time about an unbreakable bond that still leaves him feeling blessed 24 years on
- Cruel tragedy that made me have a secret baby: It sounds impossible: a full pregnancy and birth ... without a single friend, relative or grandparent knowing - all because of an agonising history of stillbirth and miscarriage. So how DID Gaynor do it?
- Young mom, 24, shot dead ‘after telling Black Lives Matter protesters “all lives matter” during argument about movement’
- Katie Price's 'brave fighter' son Harvey 'is still seriously ill and could remain in intensive care for WEEKS' amid battle with 'complex medical condition'
- I got £4.5k bum implants to boost my self esteem while my fiance battles a tumour – people say I’m selfish but I’m not
- Father's Day flashback: Satya Nadella learnt life lessons from father, Anand Mahindra's dad taught him parenting
- John Travolta’s new agony as wife Kelly Preston dies after secret two-year breast cancer battle
- Man, 28, is arrested after he 'goaded a mentally ill homeless man, 55, into doing a back flip for $6' then told onlookers not to call 911 when he landed on his neck and later died
- Why I’m ditching my birth plan in favour of a birth ‘fantasy’
Kansas mom dies days after giving birth to triplets: 'I'll tell them that she got to hold them and that she wishes she were here' have 888 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at March 8, 2016. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.