IO Interactive has released a new patch for the PlayStation 4 version of Hitman, making a number of welcome improvements — but the update also accidentally removes some content. As explained in the game’s forums, after applying patch 1.02, Requiem Pack items are no longer available for some players.
“This is not intended and we are investigating how to fix this and get the items back to those affected as soon as possible,” the developer said (via IGN).
As for the good stuff, Hitman 1.02 introduces new server fixes to bolster connection reliability and makes some “minor” tweaks in the areas of cover and challenge unlocks. You can see the patch notes below, but note that the update is only available for the PS4 version of Hitman at this point.
Hitman 1.02 Patch Notes
(only available on PS4 right now)
- Deployed server fixes to improve connection reliability
- Multiple improvements to the flow of ‘opportunities’ in Paris and Prologue.
- Improved AI reactions to ‘suspicious’ actions.
- Minor tweaks to cover and trespassing zones.
- Minor tweaks to challenge unlocks and descriptions.
- Other general improvements
GameSpot’s Hitman Episode 1 review scored it a 7/10.
“Hitman’s opening act isn’t ground-breaking, with a host of tiny problems lending it a dated feel,” reviewer Peter Brown said. “When you drop a body into a freezer, there’s no animation connecting the process together; there’s a hard cut from dragging the body to hiding it. Load times are frustratingly long, lasting just under a full minute when reloading saves. This alone is especially disappointing, given how fun it can be to iterate on your methods by reloading saves and experimenting, a process that’s tainted by extended downtime.
“However, Hitman’s a veritable playground that will delight you with its open-ended design, comical NPCs, and contract creation tools. These qualities, and the flexibility to be as hardcore or laid back as you want, are much appreciated, even if they don’t disguise Hitman’s lesser qualities.”
- Horizon Forbidden West update 1.05 patch notes: PS4, PS5 game to get even better looking
- Cyberpunk update 1.02 patch notes REVEALED for day-one download on PS4
- Fortnite 19.40 update patch notes: Assassin's Creed, Spider-Man items, Naomi Osaka skins
- Elden Ring release time, preload, file size, day one patch, best deals
- PS Plus January 2021: Predictions for next free PS4 and PS5 games with PlayStation Plus
- Fortnite patch notes: New UPDATE unvaults Bows for latest Wild Week
- Outriders Demo update: March 5 patch notes and maintenance confirmed
- Fortnite update 19.10 patch notes: Tilted Towers, Cattus Cave, Buttercake and MORE
- How to fix brown patches in your lawn - five common causes and how to fix them
- Warzone update TODAY: New Call of Duty patch notes confirm changes
- Fortnite update 3.48 PS4 and PS5 PATCH NOTES: What's new in the world of Fortnite?
- Super Smash Bros update 11.0 patch notes: Pyra, Mythra, Arthur Helm, gameplay changes
- Apex Legends Season 8 release time, patch notes, UK countdown update
- ‘Stops them coming back’: ’Best thing’ to remove weeds from beds and borders
- 'Don't overfill your wardrobes': Surprising ways to remove damp from the home
- PS5 system update PATCH NOTES: New firmware makes much-needed improvements
- I'm Trying Not To Panic About A Bug In The Division 2 [Update 3: Fixed?]
- Cyberpunk 2077 cheapest prices, day-one patch notes, PlayStation 5 update and reviews
- Hitman 3 Arcade Contracts will be tweaked to avoid railroading and "instant failure" states
- Baking soda cleaning hack for kitchen and bathroom surfaces - ‘removes stains’
Hitman PS4 patch removes content, fix on the way have 565 words, post on www.cnet.com at March 14, 2016. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.