Nintendo fans get ready to go mobile.
The Japanese gaming company finally unveiled details for its first mobile game app Wednesday during an investors meeting. As reported by the Wall Street Journal, Nintendo’s first mobile game will be called “Miitomo” and it’ll be free-to-play.
With “Miitomo,” users will be able to customize Mii avatars and interact with Miis created by others playing the game. Miis were first first introduced by the Wii and used for games such as “Wii Sports” and even “Mario Kart.”
Further details on gameplay were not discussed, but it’s certain the game will be focused on social interactions. The screenshots of the game actually resemble a Nintendo 3DS game titled “Tomodachi Life,” which is Sims-like.
“Miitomo” was expected to launch by the end of this year. However, Nintendo said it has now been delayed until March 2016. Nintendo is also planning to release four more mobile games apps by March 2017.
Nintendo President Tatsumi Kimishima, who recently succeeded the late Satoru Iwata, said during the meeting that the game was delayed in order to give it more promotion during the holiday season.
Nintendo is also releasing “Pokémon Go,” an augmented reality mobile game, but that is not one of the five original games.
- CES 2021: Otterbox announces new mobile gaming accessory lineup for Xbox users
- Qualcomm debuts Snapdragon 870 5G for 'desktop quality' streaming, mobile gaming
- Qualcomm supercharges 5G mobile gaming with new Snapdragon 865 Plus
- Among Us was most downloaded mobile game in 2020
- The greatest handheld games consoles – ranked!
- Clash of Clans maker Supercell raises $1.5bn to become the next Nintendo
- New Pokemon Snap release date revealed as legendary ’90s game remade for Nintendo Switch
- Best Game Streaming Apps for Android 2021
- FAU:G to launch tomorrow: Pre registrations, features, anthem song and more
- TikTok owner ByteDance launches Douyin Pay, its mobile payment service for China
- Dangal Games secures $1 million in Series A funding
- Best Fitness Video Games 2021: Workout Games To Get Your Body Moving Indoors
- Amazing video of ‘Xbox Series Z’ reveals what FIRST portable Microsoft games console might look like
- The best iPhone games currently available (January 2021)
- Star Fox And F-Zero Character Designer Takaya Imamura Announces His Retirement From Nintendo
- Nintendo ships one million Switches in China since late-2019 launch
- Best Fitness Games For 2021: Ring Fit Adventure, Beat Saber, And More
- The best Google Stadia games for 2021
- The dream of owning a pocket-sized handheld gaming PC is almost a reality
- Nintendo 2DS XL vs. Nintendo 3DS XL
Nintendo announces 'Miitomo,' its first mobile game app to launch in 2016 have 398 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at October 29, 2015. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.