Playing Halo 5’s campaign, you get the feeling developer 343 is being pulled in two opposing directions: one direction heads towards the tried and trusted Halo gameplay perfected by Bungie before Microsoft took over development duties after the release of Halo: Reach, the other direction heads towards a need to grow the Halo franchise while establishing new characters. Where does Halo 5’s meaty, crisp and fun campaign end up? Further along the gameplay road than the story road. Let’s start with the story. In the build up to the release of Halo 5, Microsoft’s marketing has zeroed in on an apparent conflict between Master Chief, the series star, and a new Spartan, the ex-ONI agent Jameson Locke. Is Master Chief, who goes AWOL alongside a few of his Spartan friends (Fred, Linda and Kelly), really a traitor? Locke, leader of Fireteam Osiris (Buck, voiced by the suitably wise-cracking Nathan Fillion, Tanaka and Vale) is dispatched to hunt Master Chief down under orders issued by a supposed nefarious UNSC. This setup manifests itself in the campaign by seeing the player switch between controlling Master Chief and Spartan Locke mission to mission. The story plays out in a linear fashion, so we… Read full this story
- Clean-shaven Johnson goes for No. 1 at PGA
- Los Angeles Angels: Jered Weaver May Resign With The Halos
- Utah Jazz create awards campaigns for Donovan Mitchell, Rudy Gobert
- Stroud goes from 1st tour victory to 67 in PGA
- Stroud goes from 1st tour victory to 68 in PGA
- Chicago Blackhawks’ Hartman Proving Better Value Than Shaw
- Wakefield Trinity v Hull KR: Chester goes ‘back to basics’ in bid to halt slump
- Genesis Open: Bubba Watson, much better at golf than hoops, takes lead at Riviera
- Exclusive: How Eddie Wood campaigned to get Robert Yates in the NASCAR Hall of Fame
- Detroit Red Wings' roster for next season: Who stays and who goes?
Halo 5's campaign goes back to basics - and it's all the better for it have 304 words, post on www.eurogamer.net at October 26, 2015. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.