BEVERLY HILLS – Bryan Cranston returns to television Friday, and he’s neither dead nor bald.
Cranston will guest-star in “Sneaky Pete,” a new drama he’s co-executive producing for Amazon Prime.
Amazon Prime is releasing it for a preview Friday, along with a second drama called “Casanova.”
“Casanova” is a period piece about the legendary lover, but with “a modern tone.”
“Sneaky Pete” stars Giovanni Ribisi as a con man who gets into a lot of unexpected trouble when he picks the wrong identity to steal.
It’s a drama with some clear comic passages, and its other stars include Margo Martindale. Cranston’s co-executive producer is David Shore.
A little further down the line, Amazon Prime head of content Roy Price said scripts have been delivered for the series Woody Allen will be making for the studio.
“They’re just about done,” he said. “Filming will start in January and the show will air in the second half of 2016.”
Price said the studio is aware that Allen has had some off-screen controversies, but “what was most important to us is that he’s one of the greatest American filmmakers. So why not ask him to do something for us?”
ON A MOBILE DEVICE? WATCH THE TRAILER HERE.
- New: 'Breaking Bad' coming to the big screen
- The Miz gives Unusual Reason Why He Wants To Fight Amazon's Jeff Bezos
- 15 shows that define prestige TV
- The Purge’s Dominic Fumusa talks Pete the Cop, season 1 finale
- All the New and Returning Shows Coming to TV This Fall
- K-State Q&A: Pete Hughes, Makol Mawien, football predictions and KC's World Cup odds
- Wimbledon 2018: Bethanie Mattek-Sands breaks down in tears as she returns to the scene of her horror injury
- Fantasy Football Week 5: Breaking down every game on the NFL schedule
- Mellinger Minutes: Chiefs’ bad defense and worse idea, Royals and college football
- Hotline newsletter: What if Amazon, Facebook, etc., aren’t the best option for a new Tier 1 deal
- Uruguay vs Portugal: Live blog, text commentary, line-ups, stream & TV channel
- WWE SmackDown results, recap, grades: Title change ends an uneven post-SummerSlam show
- How Would Thunder Fans React If Kevin Durant Returned to OKC One Day?
- Breaking down new-look Chiefs: Patrick Mahomes, Sammy Watkins a perfect match
- 2018 NFL Training Camps: Bills won't rush Josh Allen into starting QB role
- Emmy live results: Who won at the 2018 Emmy Awards?
- Beverly Hills, 90210 hot takes, decades late: Brenda and Dylan are the worst
- Serena Williams unleashes furious rant at umpire as she loses US Open 2018 final to Naomi Osaka
- Serena Williams unleashes extraordinary rant at umpire as she loses US Open 2018 final to Naomi Osaka
- 2018 NFL picks: Expert predictions for Super Bowl, MVP and all of the major awards
Bryan Cranston returns in Amazon Prime’s ‘Sneaky Pete’ - his first post-‘Breaking Bad’ TV role have 441 words, post on www.nydailynews.com at August 3, 2015. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.