So many new releases cash in on gamers’ nostalgia for the things they played in decades past, but this week in new releases offers a few games that do more than just rehash — they remix and re-envision these classic games for modern technology and design sensibilities. Axiom Verge is one man’s ode to side-scrolling platformers, embracing both the intentional and the accidental features that made them special. War for the Overworld is another attempt to bring back the spirit of fan-favorite Dungeon Keeper, perfectly poised to cash in on the general disappointment with EA’s recent mobile reboot.
What new games are you playing this week?
PS4/Vita/Windows (March 31)Metroid, Contra, and Bionic Commando.
Beyond embracing the intentional gameplay elements of classic games, designer Tom Happ has also integrated the tendency of those older titles to be full of glitches, passed around on the playground as sacred knowledge. The Glitch Gun allows you to alter objects, enemies, and the environment in unexpected ways, recreating that feeling of illicit discovery when you manage to break the game a little bit in your favor.
MLB 15: The Show
PS3/PS4/Vita (March 31)
In addition to improved visuals and improved online features, MLB 15 offers “a renewed focus on player emotion and personality.” Is your pitcher going through a rough divorce? Maybe send him some flowers before the league championship if you don’t want to see it impact his game. (N.B. this is probably not how that works.)
Xbox One (March 31)Neverwinter is a free-to-play massively multilayer online role-playing game set in the Dungeons & Dragons world of Forgotten Realms. Players with fond memories of exploring Baldur’s Gate, the adventures of Drizzt Do’Urden, and Neverwinter Nights might want to check out this online foray into the Forgotten Realms.
Join up to four other players, each with one of seven, classic D&D classes, for adventures. Mechanically, Neverwinter is based on the fourth edition rules set for Dungeons & Dragons, which is, appropriately, the most combat-focused and video game-like edition of the classic roleplaying game.
War for the Overworld
Linux/Mac/Windows (April 2)Dungeon Keeper. It will include a single player campaign, sandbox mode, and online multiplayer.
In the wake of EA’s universally-panned Dungeon Keeper reboot for mobile, fans are eager for a proper successor. War for the Overworld was Kickstarted in 2012, giving it a strong fan mandate.
- Here is our list of the 10 best free MMORPGs to play right now
- The best demos, betas, and free-to-play games you can try this weekend
- Explore new and different gaming worlds with 20 of the best indie games
- November’s PlayStation Plus lineup is great for PSVR owners
- You can have more than a “Wii” bit of fun with the best Wii games
- New Monopoly edition to hit shelves
- FC Halifax Town 0-1 Maidenhead: We couldn’t cope with third game in tough week, says Town boss Fullarton
- Marmite Peanut Butter poised to hit shelves
- Rugby games hit by pitch sewage flood
- What is the hottest part of the day, what’s been the hottest day of 2019 so far and what are the highest UK temperatures?
- ‘Broke’ Game of Thrones star Nathalie Emmanuel worked in a shop before landing hit role
- Game of Thrones’ Maisie Williams drops HUGE hint that Arya and Jon Snow’s direwolves Nymeria and Ghost will die during season 8
- Game of Thrones’ Maisie Williams drops HUGE hint that Arya and Jon Snow’s direwolves will die in season 8
- The Division 2 Patch Notes and new updates coming to the game next week in patch 2.1
- Game Of Thrones star Jerome Flynn reveals the show saved his acting career after 10 years without a role
- Game of Thrones' Isaac Hempstead Wright reveals cast reunion party
- Game of Thrones cast salary: How much do Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner and Kit Harrington make per episode?
- Game Of Thrones fans horrified as Kit Harington shaves off Jon Snow’s beard for new look
- Watch Game of Thrones season 7 recap with everything you need to know before season 8
- Game of Thrones cast salary: How much do Emilia Clarke, Sophie Turner and Kit Harington make per episode?
- Game of Thrones fans furious as second episode leaks online ahead of this evening
- Game Of Thrones documentary to air after series ends
- Game of Thrones star reveals he asked to be killed off from the show
- Game Of Thrones’ Kit Harington reveals he burst into tears when a fan asked if he was Jon Snow after filming wrapped
- Game Of Throne’s Gwendoline Christie reveals ‘life-changing’ show ‘squeezed every last drop’ of energy out of her
These are the 4 hottest games hitting shelves this week have 761 words, post on www.digitaltrends.com at March 31, 2015. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.