Around 4 p.m. on December 13, 2011, Justin Repshas’s girlfriend dropped him off at his studio apartment in downtown Charleston, South Carolina. The couple arranged to meet for dinner later and then study for finals at the college library. Meantime, Repshas, 22, told her, he’d take a nap or go running.That April, Repshas had completed Charleston’s premier 10K road race, the Cooper River Bridge Run, in a time of 44:20. Most often these days, however, he ran just to cope with the stress of college life. “I had this little 3-mile route I’d take,” Repshas recalls. “It went down a heavily traveled road and then cut over to a quieter street.”Shortly after his girlfriend left, he laced up. “I vaguely remember heading out my door,” he says. “My next memory was waking up in a hospital bed.”Most of us have been schooled ad naseum about cardiovascular plumbing catastrophes. Chief among these is the classic heart attack, or myocardial infarction, which typically happens when a piece of cholesterol-laden plaque ruptures and causes a clot to form in a coronary artery, quickly starving the heart muscle of oxygen-rich blood.Less well known but equally lethal is sudden cardiac arrest, or SCA. This is… Read full this story
- What is the difference between a heart attack and cardiac arrest? The signs, symptoms, CPR treatment and what to do
- Bonnie And Clyde actor Michael J Pollard dies at 80 after suffering a cardiac arrest
- Family tragedy as a young mother dies from a cardiac arrest while on a business trip in India just months after burying her husband
- Madhya Pradesh Election: On election duty, 3 EC officials die from cardiac arrest
- Man, 47, dies 'after suffering a cardiac arrest in a swimming pool at his brother's £1.3million Surrey mansion while children were playing nearby'
- Begum Kulsoom on ventilator support after cardiac arrest
- MP Assembly Elections 2018: Three Election officers die of cardiac arrest in Indore and Guna
- Harrowing video shows final moments in life of troubled teenager, 18, who died of cardiac arrest in police custody after 'intense physical exertion' from racing around streets with knife in grip of psychotic episode, inquest hears
- PMC Bank Crisis: Rs 90 Lakh Stuck In Bank, 51-Year-Old Depositor Dies Of Cardiac Arrest
- How to prevent sudden death — Cardiologists
Sudden Cardiac Arrest: The Young Man's Heartstopper have 368 words, post on www.menshealth.com at September 22, 2014. This is cached page on Game Breaking News. If you want remove this page, please contact us.